midi split (dual keyboard) on electro 5

Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.
Genord
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage Classic
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2

midi split (dual keyboard) on electro 5

Post by Genord »

Hi all,

Someone can confirm that the NE5 has a midi split (dual keyboard) function, e.g. the possibility to simultaneously control one sound, say a piano, with the NE5 keyboard, and the second sound, say a sample, with an extra keyboard midi controller ? One interest is that it lets you choose a different weighted keyboard for each sound.

Although the prototype had not it, Clavia plans to put it in the final package. (see here nord-electro-forum-f9/nord-announces-el ... tml#p52012)

However, this is not stated clearly in the specifications of the NE5. Specifications only mentioned the possibility to connect an extra MIDI keyboard, so that the NE5 can be used as a dual manual organ. But it seems to be an option available only for the organ section.

Thanks.
Last edited by Genord on 06 Apr 2015, 10:22, edited 1 time in total.
orcoaffamato

Re: midi split (dual keyboard) on electro 5

Post by orcoaffamato »

pablomastodon wrote:
Rudy Wendt wrote:Still no official statement about the possibility of sending a different sound to a controller
I have answered this twice in this forum in two different threads. Confirmed with the head designer during NAMM week in January, it is possible to address one instrument section via external controller independently while at the same time addressing the other from the Nord's keys.

But the Stage 2 still rocks!

Bless,

Pablo
These users thanked the author orcoaffamato for the post:
Genord
Nord Stage 3 HP76 / Nord Lead A1R / Nord Rack 3
Genord
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage Classic
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2

Post by Genord »

However, some Clavia's statements on this point during NAMM sound like a promise rather than a certainty:
ericL wrote: Pablo and I discussed this at length today at the NAMM booth. The prototype units do not have it, but I was assured that this would be part of the final package.
pablomastodon
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Post by pablomastodon »

The discussion to which Eric was referring (with me on the NAMM floor) occurred prior to my discussion with the lead designer from Nord. Indeed, my subsequent discussion with said lead designer was a result of my prior conversation with Eric. The question was answered clearly and unequivocally. There is no controversy about this.

Dual keyboard function is implemented in the NE5. It is not limited to Organ only, but allows separation of one instrument section to a remote controller while the other instrument section is livicated to the Nord's local keys.

Bless,

Pablo
Last edited by pablomastodon on 06 Apr 2015, 17:04, edited 2 times in total.
These users thanked the author pablomastodon for the post (total 2):
Genord, SeRos
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun
SeRos
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 4

Post by SeRos »

Great news! But is there any news about the pitch and modulation control?