Share your Synth Programs/Patches for the Nord Lead Series (NL, NL2, NL2x, NL3, NL4, Nord Lead A1)
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your program/patch.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of programs and samples.

NLA1 patch; Japanese Dancing

Postby Marlowes » 22 Mar 2015, 22:58

Hej!

Another name you read about now and then is Richard Barbieri. One of the pioneers in the new wave band Japan. "Gentlemen Take Polariods" ... oh, you don't know what a Polariod is?
But how about "Methods of Dance" - you know about dancing? - from the same album (released on 24 October 1980 by record label Virgin), on the B side? Yes, in those days you had to manually turn the record upside down to hear the B side.

There is a NLA1 bank from Mr B at the factory web pages ... but I learn more by "rolling my own" ... ;)

Japanese Dancing
How to make Richard Barbieri's pulsating arpeggios

With inspiration from "Methods of Dance" and the DR-909 drums played by Mr Arturia from France;

JapaneseDancing.nlas
Japanese Dancing
(123 Bytes) Downloaded 256 times

Recipe
Osc: saw + dEt 0.12 (two saws in the same octave, but slightly detuned)
Filter: HP!, freq 4.0, res 7.5. drive 3.0 (he did a lot of his early work on P-5's and OB-X's, so I want some vintage analog grit), kb track 2/3
Emp env: A-D-R 0-3.0-0 (remember to tweak the D if you alter bpm)
Unison 3 (I want it fat, and more detune)
Drive 2.0 (more grit)
Reverb stage1 3.0 (my std setting)
Mst clock, 124 bpm for this song
Arp 16, up, range 0
Hold enabled + hold = smart way of playing!

I bet Mr B did not have these smart options way back in 1980 ... Thanks again, Mr Nordelius! :thumbup:

/Amicalement
Michael from Scania
Attachments
JapaneseDancing.mp3
Japanese Dancing
(318.29 KiB) Downloaded 1876 times
NE3HP, NP88, NS2, DPP1, NL2X, NL2X, NLA1, NL4, NE5D, NW2 (Collect Them All?), some classic Rolands, Arturias, a Waldorf, a Kurz, a WONOK3, a pile of guitars, a P-bass, loopers, amps and computers ...
I'm a gearslut! :oops:
Marlowes
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Wave 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 4

NLA1 patch; Japanese Dancing

Sponsor

Return to Nord Lead Programs