General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Midi dump from Nord Stage EX to Nord Stage?

Postby chickencurry » 03 Jun 2010, 12:25

Hi,
I use a Nord Stage EX for a gig I do in UK.
Playing in Europe on Saturday and they could only hire me in a Nord Stage Classic (ie not EX).
Is there a way for me to save my programs and settings from my Nord Ex and recall them on the hired model.. maybe using a macbook or something?
Cheers...
Last edited by chickencurry on 03 Jun 2014, 09:59, edited 3 times in total.
chickencurry

Midi dump from Nord Stage EX to Nord Stage?

Sponsor

Re: Midi dump from Nord Stage EX to Nord Stage?

Postby Johannes » 03 Jun 2010, 16:20

Use the Nord manager to complete the folowing steps:

1) Make a complete BANK Backup using the Nord manager of your programs on the EX
2) Make sure to use only instruments that can fit in 128MB ROM, i.e. make a list of PIANOS you want to use that fit in the cassic NS. (<128MB).
Maybe set your EX up such that you are only using <128 MB of the space and make a backup of the Instruments (using the Nord Manager again)
ALso, I would take with me copies of all instruments (*.npno files) that you are using just in case the backup doesnt work

Then, make sure to have the latest OS ready for the Classic in case you need to udate the hired instrument first.
Then load your PROGRAM backup and the INSTRUMENT Backup into the Classic. Hopefully you should get your programs all back working!

Oh, any you should NOT use the latest OS on you EX when backing up the Piano sounds as they do not yet work on the Classic so downgrade to 5.16 and use the 4.x versions of the Pianos.
And finally, some minor sound differences will still be there, String resonance will be missing, and possible the Delay effect with changing pitch if you use it.

Bottom line, try to emulate a classic on the EX (memory and OS wise) and use the "Bank Up" and "Backup" Buttons in the Nord Manager, and be sure to take individual copies of patches and piano sounds with you in case something goes wrong.
Last edited by Johannes on 03 Jun 2014, 09:59, edited 3 times in total.
Johannes
Administrator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Re: Midi dump from Nord Stage EX to Nord Stage?

Postby chickencurry » 04 Jun 2010, 11:15

Thanks Johannes!
Last edited by chickencurry on 03 Jun 2014, 09:59, edited 3 times in total.
chickencurry

Return to Nord Stage Forum