The Nord C1, C2 and C2D Organ Forum

Re: Nord C2 Amp, Keyboard Stand?

Postby Mooser » 09 Jul 2014, 21:28

BTW, don't forget there is a plug at the right of the 3300 (a TRS) which gives both sub-woofer (125 Hz down) and a <i>full range, post pre-amp</i> signal.
Run the post pre-amp signal to reverb amp, all wet, and put it way away. And almost any powered speaker, let alone a sub, will give more definition to the bass.

Unfortunately, the Nord 11 pin plug doesn't feed the two additional ("stationary channel") 1'4 inch plugs on the lower panel.
Mooser

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord C2

Sponsor

Postby Quai34 » 02 Aug 2014, 05:58

Hi,
I use the Onstage stand platform stand, the Nord is too expensive and you can add a second tier on it...It works perfectly. For gigs, I was thinking about the QSC K10 as well, but realized that the new Yorkville sound parasource series was the equivalent in quality and sound of the QSC. It was also on sale at Long and Mac Quade with a 12 months interest free in June, so I bought one PS10P, it sounds awesome....next time, it will be the second one and two poles...
Bye
Stage 2/C2/NL2X+TC Pedals, 2XMatrix, EMU P2K, TX802, DSI P8/Tetra+H9, P12+TC HoF, D50+PG1000, XV5080,AX keytar, Streichfett, Drumbrute.Ibanez SR1200 & 2605 basses, Artstar AS153,G&L L2000,Legacy HSS,Asat Blueboys,Asat Deluxe Savanna.genelec 8040A.
Quai34

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 1/2/2x

Postby The Franchise » 12 Aug 2014, 02:55

I started with an On-Stage Stands KS7350 (Z-stand) which works beautifully. Easy to put together and dis assemble, but a little awkward to carry and lug to gigs. So, that one stays home, and I just picked up a On-Stage Stands KS7150, for $60. Lighter weight for sure, but solid as a rock, and much easier to fold and go.
I've been playing my C2D thru a pair of QSC K12's. Stereo heaven and the Les Sim is KILLER! Recently did a trio gig at the South Street Seaport (outside venue) in Lower Manhattan, using that set up. Dude, NYC was swinging that afternoon! The QSC's aren't cheap but great power, full dynamic range,. and about the same weight as your C2D. (each). But easy transport.

That said, I'm also jones'n for a 3300. Just gotta have one! At home, I play the C2D thru with a 122 that I share with my B3. S W E E T!

Good luck.
The Franchise!.
The Franchise

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord C2D

Postby The Franchise » 18 Aug 2014, 15:37

dlargent wrote:Mooser- I know a guy who does that. He uses a motion sound Pro-3x and Low Pro, but uses fast leslie sound from his keyboard.

I went ahead and placed an order for QSC K12 powered PA speaker. So far I have used it on 2 gigs, and it's excellent! I can definitely tell it has way more power than my Leslie 3300. One of the gigs was a rocking Organ/Drums duo, and let me tell you the K12 kicked serious butt. The thing sounds huge.

I also use K12 and totally love it. I was in the position a while back to grab a 2nd QSC, and have used them both a couple times for a gig in lower Manhattan. Talk about stereo Heaven!!!! With the C2D sim going between the 2 speakers, and with about 12 - 15 feet separation,,, WoW!! Stage sounds like a giant Leslie!
The Franchise

Postby tacitus » 18 Aug 2014, 17:14

I have the K&M stand for heavy keyboards, but I use a cheapo 'double-x' stand for the C2D - it's not heavy enough to lug around a beast that takes my 32-channel analogue mixer when Im doing sound! As long as I check the clutch nuts aren't working loose all is well. If I'm using the pedals I have the full Nord stand, which works well but is a little pricey.

The K12 seems to be a go-to for loud clean amping; I might well have gone that way if I hadn't been ill and bought some 8" actives instead. But with a decent 12" active sub, the 8's are pretty good and a lot easier to shift about.
tacitus

Previous

Return to Nord C1 / C2 / C2D Organ Forum