The Nord C1, C2 and C2D Organ Forum

Re: Nord C1 Leslie hookup questions

Postby tacitus » 07 May 2014, 17:35

I'll try to do that for you, but don't hold your breath as I usually manage to make a mess of anything involving pictures!
tacitus

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord C2D

Sponsor

Postby mtier0067 » 08 May 2014, 15:39

Awesome!

So the pins inside the cable were rewired to the appropriate cables? 1&2 from rotary toggle switch 1&2 (3?? Grnd) from power. 1&2 from 1/4" male connector that plugs into the high output? Anything else?
@ Home
'52 Hammond C2 w Trek Perc
'62 Leslie 145 w/ Speed Control
'76 MKI Rhodes Suitcase 73
Samick Studio Upright

Live
Stage 2 73 SW
Studiologic Acuna 73
Moog Grandmother
Leslie 3300
Leslie LS2215
Custom Stage Enclosure/Stand
mtier0067

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 4

Postby tacitus » 15 May 2014, 15:58

Breakout.jpg
Breakout.jpg (35.52 KiB) Viewed 1659 times
Here'a a picture of the breakout box I made - I'll do a more detailed one of the inside if you want to go this way - let me know and I'll get snapping.
The blue connector is Powercon for mains into the cable; the two jacks are for audio and the Nord half-moon switch. I was going to feed the cable into the back of the box but I was short of space and the gland happened to fit the spare front panel hole exactly.

In use, the organ connector on the other end plugs into the speaker, and the mains is provided by a UK 13-amp plug to powercon cable. Audio requires a TS jack lead from the Nord High-level output, and the Jack on the half-moon plugs directly in. My speaker only has a fast speed, but otherwise the half-moon works as you'd expect.

When I've decided how my stand and pedals are going to be configured, I'll fix the box to the stand so I can swap from the Half-moon going into this or going into the back of the Nord and controlling the sim.

Hope that's helpful.
tacitus

Postby tacitus » 15 May 2014, 16:08

And just for clarity, yes, pin 1 on the 9-pin is ground for audio and the half-moon control, pin 2 is signal in, 6 is the fast control for the rotary, 7 is the slow control, and 8 and 9 are the AC lines going to the speaker. All as per "Uncle Harvey's guide to Leslie pinouts" on the 'net.
tacitus

Postby CamboC2D » 17 May 2014, 23:24

Michael, yes the 1147 kit controls the Leslie 145 from the C1,2,2D.
It doesn't accommodate the brake(stop) mode however.
If you're a jazz player, like me, I unplug both white cables from the 147 amp which is commonly known as 'Jazz Mode'. It makes the treble horn a single speed as in stop/fast, and allows the bass rotor to stay as slow/fast. The classic Jazz Organist sound.

If you need slow/stop/fast function from the C' series, there needs to be a mod performed to the 1147 adaptor, as well as an electronic switch in the Leslie itself.

Michael from TrekII can supply details, but only to qualified technicians.
CamboC2D

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage Classic

Previous

Return to Nord C1 / C2 / C2D Organ Forum