Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.

Re: Need help to play music

Postby sakari » 04 Nov 2012, 19:43

Welcome to the forum :)

Yes, we would be glad to help, but you need to provide more details, like what do you want to do, how are you all connected, etc. The more you tell us, the easier it is for us to provide you with the right information. :)
Stage 2 88
Roland td9+td6v drums
Gibson (E) and Norman (A) guitars, Line6 Pod XTL
Fender J-bass, Boss GT-10B
lots of headphones
3 shelter cats
Reason 6.5 Cubase 6.5 Artist, Sibelius 7, Garritan GPO JABB, EWQL SC
IPAD 2 with soft synths
sakari

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Sponsor

Postby mjbrands » 04 Nov 2012, 19:54

Hi Aston,

Is this a question regarding the Nord Piano, or more of a general question? I'm guessing the second. There's no problem with that, but I might move your question to the General Synthesizers/Keyboards Forum section.

As Sakari already mentiones, the more information you can give about what you'd like to achieve, the more people can tailor their answers to help you achieve that goal.
Last edited by mjbrands on 04 Nov 2012, 19:54, edited 1 time in total.
mjbrands

Postby Johannes » 10 Nov 2012, 13:41

Also not sure what EXACTLY you are looking for, but as I understand it, maybe you want to play TOGETHER, maybe even tru internet??
In this case, http://www.cockos.com/ninjam/ might be worth a look. Just the other day, GOOGLE came out with this: http://www.jamwithchrome.com/, but not really for serious musicians...
But "play music with your friends" usually doesn´t require any software, until you want to record what you play, in which case a typical DAW software as multitrack recorder will be handy, in this case you could have a look at Reaper (recommended for beginners IMHO!), or LITE versions of Cubase or Ableton etc. . If you are using a Mac, try Garageband for a start, or Logic later.
Johannes
Administrator

Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby Mr_-G- » 10 Nov 2012, 14:29

Can ninjam really work? It mentions recorded intervals, so you play some fraction of time after the others played. Let's say I play drums and you play piano. Your playing is delayed respect to mine. You might hear yourself playing synchronised to my (delayed) drums, but how much delayed I hear the piano? Or is this for stochastic jamming Xenakis style? :)
Mr_-G-

Postby Johannes » 10 Nov 2012, 14:37

Well ninjam is interesting. Tried it couple of times and was able to play some meaningful music. But honestly I never understood how it worked 100% exactly. So basically the latency is augmented to one bar so you are "on the right beat", but never could figure it out how "the circle is closed". Anyway, jamming is much more fun and gives rise to interesting results when in one room me thinks, but a very good bass player I used to play with spend around 3 hours per day on ninjam, so I guess it just depends...But it DOES work (somehow...)!
Johannes
Administrator

Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Return to Nord Piano / Grand Forum