Ableton Push

Discuss other brands keyboards, synthesizers, modules, software, controllers including how they compare or work with the Nords.
mjbrands

Ableton Push

Post by mjbrands »

Damn you Ableton, I was trying to recuperate from my last impulse buys :thumbdown:

Looks pretty sweet though. Since it's made by Akai Professional, it should be pretty solid hardware.

https://www.ableton.com/en/push/
Frantz
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Re: Ableton Push

Post by Frantz »

Nice.
Ready for Ableton 9 soon ...
http://displaychord.arfntz.fr
A mobile app to display chord names while you play, using midi / bluetooth connection.
cosmodrome

Post by cosmodrome »

Looks like a APC40 / NI Maschine Frankencontroller to me. I'd still prefer the additional knobs and faders of the APC40 over the LED-display and hope they won't discontinue the APC in favour of this one.
mjbrands

Post by mjbrands »

While both the APC20/40 and Push are made by Akai Pro, the Push is an Ableton product. Maybe they'll discontinue the Launchpad. I had both an APC20 and a Launchpad, but the APC felt like a much more professional unit. I kept the Launchpad (even though it felt a bit like a toy), because it was easy to use it for other stuff than Ableton; for example, it was fairly easy to read button presses and to have buttons light up.

I was already looking at Maschine, but I'll likely hold out for the Push. Of course Maschine is much more than just a controller, but I already have all the sounds that come with it. I really think they should include some coupons with Push; people who already own Ableton could buy more sounds, while people that don't already could get Ableton. What use is another Ableton Intro to me, I already have 2-3 of those.
mjbrands

Post by mjbrands »

[youtube][/youtube]
Push section starts at 27:58 (or 33:18 if you want to skip some more bla bla and formulaic Jobs-style presentation).
Last edited by mjbrands on 28 Oct 2012, 03:02, edited 1 time in total.
cosmodrome

Post by cosmodrome »

mjbrands wrote:While both the APC20/40 and Push are made by Akai Pro, the Push is an Ableton product.
Point made. Interestingly I instantly assumed this was an Akai. Maybe the design mislead me... 8-)
Maschines, BTW, I have seen mostly standing around waiting for someone to do something useful with them. I know quite a few guys who have one, but I've never actually seen a Maschine in use.
mjbrands

Post by mjbrands »

cosmodrome wrote:I know quite a few guys who have one, but I've never actually seen a Maschine in use.
:lol: