Arturia V-Collection 3.0

Discuss other brands keyboards, synthesizers, modules, software, controllers including how they compare or work with the Nords.
Lyonart
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Drum 3P

Arturia V-Collection 3.0

Post by Lyonart »

Hi

Having owned my Stage 2 for over a year now and having developed my interest in synth programming further, I wanted to broaden my synth collection.

However, for fear of running out of space in my home studio and the actual costs of buying a number of decent 'vintage' instruments my interest was intially drawn to the Arturia origin and then I spotted the V Collection 3.0 which I can buy for about £300.

Having never really been interested in VST instruments, I would appreciate any comments/advice people can give as to whether VST synths are worth considering.

It is not necessarilly my intention to use VST instruments in a live gig but perhaps to program the VST and sample the sounds to use on my Stage 2 in a live setting.

Any thoughts???

Geoff
Last edited by Lyonart on 26 Oct 2012, 14:13, edited 1 time in total.
Geoff Lyon - Keyboards includes - Tinpig
Gear - Nord Stage 2 HA88, Nord Drum 3P, Modal 002, Arturia Matrixbrute, Moog Sub37, Waldorf Blofeld, Arturia Drumbrute, Roland XP-30, Novation KS5, Soundcraft Ui24r., FX - 2 x Eventide H9, Oto Bam, Strymon Volante.
Frantz
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Re: Arturia V-Collection 3.0

Post by Frantz »

I was to buy one of Arturia's keyboards, the 4 octave controller.
But I found that the "E licence key software" was very heavy.
And the "Laboratory / Factory" software I tried was not very stable on my systems.
The offer was to get 4 synth from the V collection for free when buying the keyboard.
IMHO : sounds very good, but not for me on the technical and stability side.
Give the demos a try if you have not already ;)
Last edited by Frantz on 26 Oct 2012, 15:15, edited 1 time in total.
http://displaychord.arfntz.fr
A mobile app to display chord names while you play, using midi / bluetooth connection.
mjbrands

Re: Arturia V-Collection 3.0

Post by mjbrands »

If you're looking for that analog sound in a soft synth, you might also want to look at U-he Diva. I sold my Roland MKS-50 (rackmount version of the Roland Alpha Juno) when I heard it; it made the right sounds (and came with a lot of the MKS-50 presets) without all the buzzing of my MKS-50.

http://www.u-he.com/cms/diva
Last edited by mjbrands on 26 Oct 2012, 18:18, edited 1 time in total.