Comments, suggestions, questions about this forum? Post it here! Also for test purposes or Off-Topic discussions.

loop pedal or other guitar pedals for Keyboards?

Postby titanium » 22 Feb 2012, 00:33

Im planning to get a loop pedal for recording backing tracks.Which ones would be best for this?
Also are there any guitar pedals that would go well with synths and pianos for effects?(other than wah,tremolo,delay and phaser)?
Last edited by titanium on 31 Jul 2012, 12:30, edited 5 times in total.
Please check out my electronic track idea in the music and keyboard rig forum. :)
titanium
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage EX

loop pedal or other guitar pedals for Keyboards?

Sponsor

Re: loop pedal or other guitar pedals for Keyboards?

Postby trumelpuut » 18 Oct 2012, 10:27

Hi Titanium.

To answer your 2nd question, you can of course connect any keyboard's output through a volume pedal. I did that to emulate a 'swell' effect with a cheap Casio keyboard's organ sound (well, with Clavia keyboards, you have a dedicated swell pedal jack, so we'd better find a more useful example ;-)).

The Boss FV-500 (or FV-500L - i don't remember if there's any difference) is a stereo volume pedal that works well with guitars AND keyboards, and can also act as a control pedal (expression, swell or whatever) -- except the control pedal mode is not compatible with Clavia products (or, at least, not with my NS2). Still, it is a fine volume pedal, quite large and sturdy, and can be a nice addition to some setup.
Last edited by trumelpuut on 18 Oct 2012, 10:29, edited 1 time in total.
trumelpuut
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Return to Off Topic / About this Forum