Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Controlling Sustain+Rotor via MIDI

Postby voice_of_reason » 06 Sep 2012, 14:46

Hi,

I have a MIDI setup where I have a SL880 midi controller keyboard and an Electro 3. I have a Roland sustain pedal connected to the SL880 and am able to use the same pedal to control the sustain on the Electro 3 MIDI by routing the MIDI signal (just cc64 and cc82) from the SL880 (channel 1) to the Electro (on channel 2) via MIDIPipe running on a Mac and changing the channel. However, there is one glitch. I have the sustain pedal set to sustain/rotor in the MIDI settings on the Electro 3 but when I switch to organ mode, the sustain pedal is not functioning as a rotor control. I can configure MIDIPipe to route cc64 (sustain) messages from the SL880 to both cc64 (sustain) and cc82(rotor) on the Electro 3 and this does work but the problem is that the pedal is then sending both sustain and rotor signals all the time which doesn't impact piano mode but applies sustain in organ mode which is not what I want.

I want to be able to forward just cc64 messages and have the Electro 3 process them as rotor control messages when in organ mode. Why doesn't this work?

This is the setup:

Any ideas much appreciated. I expect some people will respond telling me to buy another pedal but this really isn't what I want.

Jon
voice_of_reason

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3

Controlling Sustain+Rotor via MIDI

Sponsor

Return to Nord Electro Forum