Footloose (Kenny Loggins) for NS3C

Share and download User samples and project files (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4, *.nsmproj)"
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of patches and samples.
Simo283
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand
Italy

Footloose (Kenny Loggins) for NS3C

Post by Simo283 »

Hi!
Does anyone have Kenny Loggins Footloose sample / programs for NS3C?

Thank you!!

Simone
ericL
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3
United States of America

Re: Footloose (Kenny Loggins) for NS3C

Post by ericL »

It’s a basic organ and synth. What samples are you seeking? I have a NS3 Program somewhere for this, though it’s pretty basic.
Nords: NE2, NS2 88, NS3 Compact x 2
Live rig: NS3, Vent, Radial KL-8, Shure PSM-900 IEM Rig, UE18 & UE7 IEMs.
Studio: Hammond A-101 & Leslie 122, Yamaha CP-80, Yamaha S90, NS2, DSI Prophet-6, Vent II, Roland JX-8P.
Simo283
Italy

Post by Simo283 »

Hi Eric!
Sorry for having duplicated the threads. I thought I had to post in the different appropriate section.

When it comes to the request, I heard there is (may be) a Farf Organ and a Synth in the Verse, and B3 (?) + Brass in the chorus.
i’m actually struggling in selecting the right drawbar setting for the organ and the kind of synth (is it a preset of NS3C? Is it a sample? Is it a wave with effect?)
ericL
Patch Creator
United States of America

Post by ericL »

I use a combination of a rock B3 organ with a synth organ (sounds like a cheesy Farfisa replica) assigned to the control pedal, so I can use one or both sounds as I want. I am not entirely pure to the entire song, just have fun with the organ stabs and bring in a bit more of the synth organ during the pre chorus. There's another version of this song by Blake Shelton (modern country) that has only B3, which is pretty cool. My band follows the Shelton song structure, which is just a small bit different from Loggins.

I'll upload the sound from my NS3 next time I'm connected to it...I looked and didn't find it in my laptop files for whatever reason.
Studio: Hammond A-101 & Leslie 122, Yamaha CP-80, Yamaha S90, NS2, DSI Prophet-6, Vent II, Roland JX-8P.
ericL
Patch Creator
United States of America

Post by ericL »

Here's my Footloose program for NS3. Pretty sure I have the organ routed to Ventilator through Output 3, as I do on most programs. You'll just need to turn on rotary and organ will move back to Outputs 1/2. Enjoy!
Attachments
Footloose.ns3f
(592 Bytes) Downloaded 32 times
These users thanked the author ericL for the post:
NordBanger
Simo283
Italy

Post by Simo283 »

Thank you Eric! I will try it!
I actually tried also to replicate what I’ve heard in this video https://youtu.be/zpij6NvIP8Q?si=Ohr28RyDESTFPQsd, but I’m struggling in understanding how it has been obtained the sound at 2:44. I guess there is a layer between Organ and Synth, and mod wheel assigned to modify the frequency of the synth? But I’m not getting which sound he’s using