Stage 4 keybed?

General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.
Macsaint777
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 4

Re: Stage 4 keybed?

Post by Macsaint777 »

Even weirder... no new Piano samples are in the factory restore file for the Stage 4. BUT We do have both Hifi Grand as as Piano Preset, as well as a Program. So it looks like we may have jumped the gun.. or the factory restore file is somehow different than what is in the Stage 4 Tony is demonstrating.
Last edited by Macsaint777 on 02 Mar 2023, 23:05, edited 1 time in total.
dansnord
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4

Post by dansnord »

I just want to resurrect this thread for anyone searching in the future, wanting to know about the Stage 4 HA73/88 keybed. I have the HA73 as well as a stage 3 88. At first I thought the Stage 4 was the same feel as the Stage 3 88. But I was away from my Stage 3 for 6 weeks. When I got back, having only played the Stage 4 HA73 in that time, the Stage 3 felt very much inferior. It was more sluggish. I really don't like it nearly as much as the Stage 4. I was going to keep my Stage 3 to have an 88 note board, but now I'm spoiled by the Stage 4 and will sell the Stage 3. These two products do not have the same keybed! The Stage 4 is noticeably better.
Valpurgis

Post by Valpurgis »

dansnord wrote:These two products do not have the same keybed! The Stage 4 is noticeably better.
Thats correct, the Stage 4 has a triple sensor action while NS3 has a dual sensor action. Repeats and thrills are easier on a triple sensor keybed. https://www.nordkeyboards.com/products/ ... ison-chart
dansnord

Post by dansnord »

Valpurgis wrote:
dansnord wrote:These two products do not have the same keybed! The Stage 4 is noticeably better.
Thats correct, the Stage 4 has a triple sensor action while NS3 has a dual sensor action. Repeats and thrills are easier on a triple sensor keybed. https://www.nordkeyboards.com/products/ ... ison-chart
Yes, I’m aware of the triple sensor. But I don’t think that’s what I’m talking about. It’s simply feels a bit less sluggish, and just better. I don’t believe the triple sensor accounts for that. In fact, I don’t think the triple sensor accounts for how the keyboard feels at all. But I could be wrong about that. I’m sure the triple sensor helps in playing those fast trills, and such, but it’s not the reason the keybed feels better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
M1tsos
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Grand

Post by M1tsos »

Has anyone compared the stage 4 88 keybed vs nord grand keybed??
ItsMaistro
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 4

Post by ItsMaistro »

I have to agree. I recently got the HA73 to test out as my one in all board sadly I had issues with a clanky key that I fixed but also I don't feel that the hammer action is as responsive as the graded hammer action on my modx8. I can be more expressive on my modx8 than I could on the stage 4 HA. I will most likely trade off for the stage 4 compact as my portable and more versatile board.