HALP!! Nord 6D Rotary Turns Off After 1s

Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.
michaeljschaefer
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

HALP!! Nord 6D Rotary Turns Off After 1s

Post by michaeljschaefer »

Hey,

I'm a brain damaged guitar player trying to learn keys. So please forgive my stupidity. I just bought a Nord Electro 6D. Been practicing with it for a couple weeks. The B3 patch is my main organ patch. Never had issues with it before today. But I was working on some synth settings for our cover of Common People by Pulp. Then I switched back to the B3 for Pump It Up by Mr. Elvis, and all of a sudden I cannot switch on the Rotary effect. The lights light for a second, and then it turns off. I just updated the firmware to the latest, still no joy. Clearly I touched something that I shouldn't have. Can a real keyboard player help me understand what I broke? Many thanks.

Michael
http://chinesedownhill.band
pterm
Donator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3

Re: HALP!! Nord 6D Rotary Turns Off After 1s

Post by pterm »

I have an Electro 3, so what I see may not be relevant...
When I press the Black (Select) button, the function lights up for about a second and then turns off. To keep it active, I must press the ON/OFF (gray) button first.
I often find myself making the mistake of pressing the Black button first and wondering why it's not staying on.
I think this is a Nord "feature" so you can select your SPKR/COMP simulation prior to activating it.
These users thanked the author pterm for the post:
michaeljschaefer
michaeljschaefer
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Post by michaeljschaefer »

pterm wrote:I have an Electro 3, so what I see may not be relevant...
When I press the Black (Select) button, the function lights up for about a second and then turns off. To keep it active, I must press the ON/OFF (gray) button first.
I often find myself making the mistake of pressing the Black button first and wondering why it's not staying on.
I think this is a Nord "feature" so you can select your SPKR/COMP simulation prior to activating it.
Ok, that was helpful. Yeah, I think I had the SPKR/COMP enabled for the Synth and not the organ? It's working this morning. Thanks.
DirkW
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Post by DirkW »

It is a bit the way Nords are set up. Best way to solve this is by creating a program for your organ settings. Select the organ engine and make all presets you want, i.e. organ settings including drawbars, effects if any, amp set to rotary. Then save as a program. Any time you select that program the rotary effect will be activated.
Last edited by DirkW on 27 Mar 2024, 00:02, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author DirkW for the post:
michaeljschaefer