Replacing Triple Pedal with Roland DP8 or DP10

General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.
phenoplastic
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Re: Replacing Triple Pedal with Roland DP8 or DP10

Post by phenoplastic »

I bought a DP-10 and did this mod.

It works, but to warn others, the effect is way too 'keen' - what I mean by that is that with a normal pedalling action the Nord responds as though your foot is really slamming hard. So there's no subtlety to the effect like there is with the triple pedal.

I think I'm going to solder my DP-10 back to original state and sell it.
PScooter63
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 4

Post by PScooter63 »

phenoplasric, just to be certain: you had the DP-10’s function switch set to “continuous”, right?
I ask because I was also considering this mod.
Last edited by PScooter63 on 08 Dec 2023, 03:50, edited 1 time in total.
technlgyst
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano

Post by technlgyst »

To make it easy without any soldering and destroying any sustain pedal, use an app which translates switch-type (on/off) sustain pedal events to Nord-style "continuous" sustain pedal events which triggers the correct sequence of pedal noises. Check it out here: https://www.norduserforum.com/general-n ... 25232.html

Also works dynamically (triggering softer or louder sounds) based on your playing velocity, so basically no need for a NTP anymore to enjoy pedal noises.
Dynamic Pedal Noise without Triple Pedal: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... _noise_pro