Using NORD STAGE 4 with external midi keyboard

General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.
Macnl
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4

Re: Using NORD STAGE 4 with external midi keyboard

Post by Macnl »

Same problem with external keyboard.. no pitch bend and aftertouch…..
Satomy

Post by Satomy »

Hi everyone, do any of you have any news regarding the solution to midi problems on NS4? Even with the latest version 1.24, problems regarding the reception of some Midi controls continue. Using the NS4 with an external MIDI keyboard, via the ext KB function, the NS4 does not receive the midi controls of: modulation wheel, aftertouch, resonance, cutoff, etc... In the organ section, again using the ext KB mode, it does not receive midi controls: on/off vib/chorus, on/off percussion. Do you also have the same problem, or am I doing something wrong? Do you have any advice for me? I didn't have all these problems with the NS2 ex and with the NS3, I find it unacceptable that a flagship product like the NS4, paid for €4665, presents problems of this type and which still have not been resolved. I sent many reports in the Nord support section on the official website, without ever receiving a response. I wonder if this is normal! Have any of you tried reporting these issues on Nord's official website? have you received a response on this?
Valpurgis

Post by Valpurgis »

Satomy wrote:In the organ section, again using the ext KB mode, it does not receive midi controls: on/off vib/chorus, on/off percussion.
Can confirm this, however strangely enough it responses to midi control of the drawbars! Nord should start with enhancing the appendix with list of midi controllers, a lot of information is missing regarding implementation and values per controller. Tiring and troublesome to do inverse engineering with midi monitor and simulator to try to find out how it is (or isn’t) implemented.
Last edited by Valpurgis on 24 Mar 2024, 05:13, edited 1 time in total.
ClariRhodes
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Post by ClariRhodes »

Hi,
I use my Stage4 for midi with an Arturia Minilab 3 for using the Synth part, so far no problems. I would like to be able to control the filter and resonance parameters from the Minilab but I can't find a solution. Can you help me ?
THANKS !
Rhodes Stage 1978
Nord Stage 3 76HP
Prophet Rev 2
Moog Sub37
Satomy

Post by Satomy »

ClariRhodes wrote:Hi,
I use my Stage4 for midi with an Arturia Minilab 3 for using the Synth part, so far no problems. I would like to be able to control the filter and resonance parameters from the Minilab but I can't find a solution. Can you help me ?
THANKS !

Hi, this has already been discussed several times on the forum. There are some bugs, unfortunately still not resolved, that affect the reception of some Midi controls. If I use the NS4 with an external MIDI keyboard, via the ext KB function, NS4
does not receive the midi controls of: modulation wheel, aftertouch, resonance,
cutoff, etc... In the organ section, again using the ext KB mode, it does not receive the midi controls: on/off vib/chorus, on/off percussion. I have been reporting the problem on the official Nord website for a year, we are waiting for an update that can resolve these problems on the midi. My advice is to report the problem on the official Nord website.