Need Main/CPU Board for Stage EX

General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.
dukewacoan

Need Main/CPU Board for Stage EX

Post by dukewacoan »

I have a Stage EX and found someone to work on it. They say that my only hope of savage is to find a Main/CPU Board for it. I've seen Stage 2 EX boards only, but not the EX. Any help appreciated.
dukewacoan

Re: Need Main/CPU Board for Stage EX

Post by dukewacoan »

I should, it is an 88 key. Not sure if that matters.
dmamfmgm
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Post by dmamfmgm »

Where you're located matters, so I'm taking a wild guess. Try various used marketplaces for a Nord Stage EX 88 in bad condition, and perhaps the seller can describe what works / doesn't work. If you're lucky, you'll be able to combine two broken keyboards into one good one?
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Post by maxpiano »

Here https://instrumentalparts.com/ea-mainboard-nsex/ but pricey and not sure if still available, searching for a used NS EX with a working mainboard is probably a better option.
Last edited by maxpiano on 16 Mar 2024, 09:17, edited 1 time in total.
dukewacoan

Post by dukewacoan »

Thanks for the link. If I knew for sure it would correct the issue, I'd pay that, but too much a risk if it does not work. I'm not seeing a return policy.

I have a Stage 4 and an Electro 5. I am trying to get my EX working to donate to a local church.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Post by maxpiano »

dukewacoan wrote:Thanks for the link. If I knew for sure it would correct the issue, I'd pay that, but too much a risk if it does not work. I'm not seeing a return policy.

I have a Stage 4 and an Electro 5. I am trying to get my EX working to donate to a local church.
What is the problem/error you have on your NS EX exactly?
Last edited by maxpiano on 16 Mar 2024, 17:52, edited 1 time in total.
dukewacoan

Post by dukewacoan »

I'm not versed enough to explain exactly. I have a person looking at it out of town. He says the board is bad and my only hope is a new one. When I had it, one day it just starting where it would flicker on an off, never really turn on. He was able to get it to stay on, but not function. He explained details on the phone, but I'm not technical enough to get it all. Bottom line, he said I need a new main board.

I bought it around 1997. Great keyboard, used it a lot. Got a Electro 5 mainly because of the weight carrying to gigs and samples, put the EX for band room. Just stopped turning on one day. I support a local church that has limited resources. It would be great for them.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Post by maxpiano »

? The NS EX was introduced in 2008…
dukewacoan

Post by dukewacoan »

Yes, around that time. I bought it when it first came ou07t. My mistake - 2008 - I tend to try and live my life in the '90s.