Sick crunch jam band clav sound

Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.
Deadkeys
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Sick crunch jam band clav sound

Post by Deadkeys »

Have a Nord Electro5d and havent been able to find just the right funky clav sound.
in a Jam band that plays Phish, String cheese and other stuff like Goose & Dogs in a Pile
Are their some settings anyone can reccomend or ourboard stomp boxes, drive pedals
envelope filterss and such. Im using an expression pedal, should I get an actual Wah pedal instead?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUWi_rEzy4I
afroskully

Re: Sick crunch jam band clav sound

Post by afroskully »

hey there... i play some similar styles and found that i no longer needed my actual Vox wah pedal and just use the expression pedal with a decent amount of Drive and reverb added. Also, the A and C pickup mode don't sound as thin as the B and D mode. Mess with the eq and drive settings and I think you'll find what you're looking for.
These users thanked the author afroskully for the post:
Deadkeys
ericL
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Post by ericL »

I don't currently have a NE5, though I did use one for a few years.

The sound you're seeking is in there...explore all the pickup modes to find the thickest one you like the most, then add judicious EQ and drive or compression, plus delay and reverb. Use something like an FC7 control pedal mapped to the wah effect and you'll have a sick crunchy jam band clav sound.
These users thanked the author ericL for the post:
Deadkeys
Nords: NE2, NS2 88, NS3 Compact x 2
Live rig: NS3, Vent, Radial KL-8, Shure PSM-900 IEM Rig, UE18 & UE7 IEMs.
Studio: Hammond A-101 & Leslie 122, Yamaha CP-80, Yamaha S90, NS2, DSI Prophet-6, Vent II, Roland JX-8P.
Deadkeys

Post by Deadkeys »

ericL wrote:I don't currently have a NE5, though I did use one for a few years.

The sound you're seeking is in there...explore all the pickup modes to find the thickest one you like the most, then add judicious EQ and drive or compression, plus delay and reverb. Use something like an FC7 control pedal mapped to the wah effect and you'll have a sick crunchy jam band clav sound.

Thanks