Electro 6D receiving prog chg with Ext Keyboard to Lo

Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.
NolaNord504
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Electro 6D receiving prog chg with Ext Keyboard to Lo

Post by NolaNord504 »

Greetings,
I'm hoping to get some advice regarding the use of External Kbd to Lo on my Electro 6D. I'm using a Numa X piano as a controller. When I set it up, everything works as it should, but the Electro will not respond to program change commands sent from the Numa and I have to manually change the patch on the Electro. Worth noting is that the MIDI light on the Electro blinks indicating that it is receiving the message, but the program change does not occur. When I am not using the Ext To Lo setting, the Electro responds to program change commands from the Numa without any issues. I kept the default MIDI channel setting for Ext To Lo (16) on the Electro and verified that the Numa is sending the command on this same channel. I'm not sure if this problem is a setting on the Numa or if it's something on the Electro. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
-Brian
Stage 2 HA76, Electro 6D 73
Gone but not forgotten: Stage 76 (Classic), Electro 2 73, Electro 3 73, Electro 5 HP
maxpiano
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Re: Electro 6D receiving prog chg with Ext Keyboard to Lo

Post by maxpiano »

Program Changes on NE6 are received only on Global Channel, not on the ExtToLo channel. You need to use another Zone on the NXP to send just the PC (but not notes) on the NE6 Global Channel
Last edited by maxpiano on 15 Mar 2024, 00:06, edited 3 times in total.
These users thanked the author maxpiano for the post:
NolaNord504
NolaNord504
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Re: Electro 6D receiving prog chg with Ext Keyboard to Lo

Post by NolaNord504 »

Thank you so much for this information. Your suggestion works perfectly. Much appreciated.
-Brian
Stage 2 HA76, Electro 6D 73
Gone but not forgotten: Stage 76 (Classic), Electro 2 73, Electro 3 73, Electro 5 HP