Nord Stage 4 Aux KBD and programme change message

General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.
redface

Nord Stage 4 Aux KBD and programme change message

Post by redface »

Hi all,

Thanks for all your help so far. I think I’m getting there with this, numerous manual rereads for both Stage 4 and Electro 6.

Running Stage 4 and Electro 6 connected via MIDI.

I can set up Aux KBD,

I can send programme changes to the Electro 6.

When I enable Aux keyboard it stops sending the programme change messages (I want to select a blank patch on the Electro 6).

This worked with my previous Stage EX. But I fear I have some conflicting midi info.

If the Electro 6 is set to Midi Channel 3, does the Stage have to be set to channel 3 to send the program change information?

Thanks in advance,

Redface
Heatha05
Donator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4

Re: Nord Stage 4 Aux KBD and programme change message

Post by Heatha05 »

Hi, you could try using the EXTERN settings for the E6 on EXT A and MIDI ch 3 (in MIDI settings on NS4) then the NS4 will send Prog changes on Ch3 regardless of whether the EXT A is an active layer. So long as the 'SEND ON LOAD' for program changes is set to on (under EXTERN menu). This works for me.
NS4 compact, Roland Juno-X, Waldorf Blofeld, Zynthian v5, Arturia MiniFreak
redface

Re: Nord Stage 4 Aux KBD and programme change message

Post by redface »

Thanks - so you can set and save a patch on the NS4 that will send a programme change to the ‘top’ keyboard selecting a blank patch and launch aux KBD mode?

That’s what I want to do, but I think the conflicting MIDI channels stop if from working.
HMHoyer
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4

Re: Nord Stage 4 Aux KBD und Programmänderungsnachricht

Post by HMHoyer »

Hallo, ich bin neu hier,
vielleicht kann mir jemand einen Tipp geben: Wenn ich am NS4 das Programm "H22" aufrufen möchte - wie lautet dazu der Midi-Befehl (über ForScore - iPad-Noten-Software)...?
iPad mit NS4 über USB verkabeln? Müsste funktionieren?
Lieben Dank für die Hilfe!