Piano sound of the NE6D not similar to NS

Share your Programs/Patches for the Nord Electro Series (Nord Electro, NE2, NE3, NE4, NE5 D/HP/SW versions)
Forum rules
Share your Programs/Patches for the Nord Electro Series : NE, NE2, NE3, NE4, NE5.
When creating a new topic, it's good to add a prefix in you title that mention one of these Electro version,
e.g., [NE4]: Program for Van Halen - Jump
hertelend

Re: Piano sound of the NE6D not similar to NS

Post by hertelend »

Rusty Mike wrote:The SW action of the Electro 6D is also going to have an impact on the sounds. It simple does not play the same way a weighted action will. You do not specify which model NS2 you have, but I am assuming it's either the 88 or 76 with weighted action. When I play my E6D from a weighted action via MIDI the sound and sensitivity is very different.
Yes, I am comparing with NS2 88 with weighted action.
I will do the test and control the NS6D from the NS2 via MIDI... this gives more insights in the influence of the weighted action...
:keyboard2:
hertelend

Post by hertelend »

ericL wrote:If you're running mono from each keyboard into the mixer, I'd suggest switching to stereo for both and then doing a comparison.
For a few years, I floated between NS2 88 and NE5 HP for gigs and the pianos sounded the same and felt the same.
Sorry, I was not precise: I run NS2 stereo to one Stereo-channel of the mixer and NE6D to another Stereo-channel of the same mixer...
Thank you for sharing your experiences with NS2 in comparioson to NE5 :thanks:
hertelend

Post by hertelend »

ericL wrote:If you're running mono from each keyboard into the mixer, I'd suggest switching to stereo for both and then doing a comparison.
For a few years, I floated between NS2 88 and NE5 HP for gigs and the pianos sounded the same and felt the same.
Sorry, I was not precise: I run NS2 stereo to one stereo-channel of the mixer and NE6D stereo to another stereo-channel of the same mixer...
Thank you for sharing your experiences with NS2 in comparioson to NE5 :thanks:
catosim
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Post by catosim »

Elias wrote: I've said this before, but I don't understand how different models would reproduce the samples differently.
All the Stage-models have different charactheristicts in the piano-engine. Most likely due to different DACs and different velocity-curves.
That is more or less a natural development I'd reckon
Gear: Nord Stage 4, Nord Stage 3, Nord Lead A1, Ensoniq TS12, Roland D50, Roland D05, Roland JD08, Hammond A100, Hammond M100, Yamaha GT2, Yamaha Motif 6, Virus B
hertelend

Re: Piano sound of the NE6D not similar to NS - solved!

Post by hertelend »

Problem solved! The problem was sitting in front of the keys :roll:
I uploaded StudioGrand1YaC7lrg from NS2 - but that was wrong. I actually wanted the file BrightGrandYaS4lrg.
So I played the Bright Grand on the NS2 and the Studio Grand on the NE6. That's a world of difference in terms of brilliance.
Now I have corrected this and everything is fine! and as user abc said, the sound via the NE6D is even more brilliant than that of the NS2.
Many thanks for your contributions :clap: - and sorry to Nord and the NE6D for my false suspicions! :angel:
These users thanked the author hertelend for the post (total 2):
pterm, Tracii