nsmp samples..change bank category

General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Re: nsmp samples..change bank category

Post by WannitBBBad »

DJKeys wrote:
WannitBBBad wrote:Do you know of any limit on the number of samples that can be placed in the NW2 under the category "Misc" or any other?
Yes, each category (even Accordian :) ) has 100 slots for samples. There are 26 categories including User, Misc, and Undefined, what ever that is.

-dj
Ha, I guess after filling up samples under "Misc", "User", and "Undefined", I'll have to start saving new samples as "Accordion". I hope Clavia revises NSM to allow users to change the category of a given sample to go along with their change in approach to saving samples.
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...
orlon
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 3

Post by orlon »

DJKeys wrote:
WannitBBBad wrote:
DJKeys wrote:This is another feature of the new Nord Stage architecture, based on the Nord Wave 2. Categories cannot be changed (yet) and samples can only be downloaded to a specific category.

-dj
Do you know of any limit on the number of samples that can be placed in the NW2 under the category "Misc" or any other?
Yes, each category (even Accordian :) ) has 100 slots for samples. There are 26 categories including User, Misc, and Undefined, what ever that is.

-dj
It seems absurd to me... if one wants all strings? for more than 4000 euros I expected much more..
icemonk

Post by icemonk »

Yep. I like to use almost all sounds ONLY from nords sample archive. Older stuff. They all go to misc... And i can only have 100.....

Huge limitation, likley a design choice , and an unfortunate one at that ....
Last edited by icemonk on 12 Mar 2024, 22:00, edited 1 time in total.