List of Nord Stage 4 known issues/bugs

General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.
TvR69
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4

Re: List of Nord Stage 4 known issues/bugs

Post by TvR69 »

I have a problem with the MOD2 effects on my NS4.
When I select phase, flange, chor, vibe or ens, the sound changes, even if the amount is set at 0. With the amount set to 0 I clearly hear a difference when the effect is turned on or off.
This happens with the synth, piano and organ engines.
With the spin effect, everything works as expected when the amount is set to zero and I hear no different when I turn the effect on or off.

When ens is selected and I turn the amount gently up, I can clearly hear the effect 'jump' in instead of introducing it gradually.

Is this a known issue?
Last edited by TvR69 on 15 Nov 2023, 20:15, edited 1 time in total.
Live rig: Nord Stage 4 compact, Hammond XK3 - Leslie 760, Yamaha Motif ES7, Moog Sub37
Lumserei
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 4

Post by Lumserei »

TvR69 wrote:I have a problem with the MOD2 effects on my NS4.
When I select phase, flange, chor, vibe or ens, the sound changes, even if the amount is set at 0. With the amount set to 0 I clearly hear a difference when the effect is turned on or off.
This happens with the synth, piano and organ engines.
With the spin effect, everything works as expected when the amount is set to zero and I hear no different when I turn the effect on or off.

When ens is selected and I turn the amount gently up, I can clearly hear the effect 'jump' in instead of introducing it gradually.

Is this a known issue?
... seems to be the case with the NS4, I have both (NS3 and NS4) only with the NS3 the effects are really off at Amount 0. With the NS4 this has the worst effect with the wah where it would be very important that the effect is taken out of the signal path at the pedal position at the very back. And with the NS3, Auto Pan can be used as manual Pan at Rate= 0, but this is not yet possible with the NS4. Rate = 0 still produces a slow change on the NS4.
Compared to the NS3, the FW of the NS4 still seems very immature - I've been waiting patiently for a long time for it to be finished.
These users thanked the author Lumserei for the post:
TvR69
Heatha05
Donator

Post by Heatha05 »

Added a new bug regarding aftertouch transmission to inactive extern devices.
These users thanked the author Heatha05 for the post:
WannitBBBad
NS4 compact, Roland Juno-X, Waldorf Blofeld, Zynthian v5, Arturia MiniFreak
emielskey
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Re: sine not a sine

Post by emielskey »

emielskey wrote:in the synth section when one selects Analog/Shape sine/Shape sine fold, the waveform is a bit corrupted in its pure sine form. I have to attach an oscilloscope to see the waveform, but it certainly isnt a perfect sine. higher up the keyboard it gets more pronounced. the rest of the "shape sine" waveforms sound as expected
Fixed in 1.20

:keyboard: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbup:
lotn73
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage Classic

Post by lotn73 »

As has been noted, the Delay and Reverb effects should be post-fader for each section, NOT pre-fader. Apparently this is a programming oversight brought over from the Wave 2 synth engine. In the Nord Stage 4 it not only shows up in the synth section, but also in the piano section. Now here's the thing: it doesn't show up in the organ section! Both Delay and Reverb are post-fader in the organ section. This leads me to believe that it's a pretty easy fix.

Don't piss me off Nord - I've spent 10s of thousands of dollars on your gear over the years, and this is just a ridiculous oversight that needs to be fixed right away.
Qagan
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 3

Post by Qagan »

Version 1.22

Split zone settings reset for synth layer 1 when browsing presets for other layers, so does the octave. It jumps up to -5 when scrolling through presets for other layers.
These users thanked the author Qagan for the post:
Heatha05
Nord Stage 4 88, Roland Fantom 6, Sequential Prophet Rev2, Moog Voyager, Slim Phatty, Nord Lead 3 (best lead ever!), Korg Wavestate, Vision Ears VE7 IEM
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Post by WannitBBBad »

Hello, hopefully the Google sheet NS4 Issues/Bugs List has been helpful to some of you. Over time I believe some items have been added by users without vetting their problems to determine if they are actually bugs or misunderstanding of functionality.

For all, if you find a problem with the NS4 you think is an issue or potential bug AND you haven't found a related post on the subject or entry in the Google sheet, I would appreciate if you would:
a) enter it on the Google sheet NS4 Issues/Bugs List,
b) post your problem separately to the Forum and include the link to your post in the Google sheet, and
c) post a short description of the problem below along with a link to your post.

I cleaned up the list this evening to move items noted as "fixed" to the appropriate tab but I'd appreciate NS4 owners taking a good look at it - currently there are 47 outstanding bugs/issues and only 14 items "fixed" - I hope that is not the case. Thanks!
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...
Ecaroh

Post by Ecaroh »

I am afraid this is close to reality. There are many crucial issues in which have been there since day 0 and are still waiting to be fixed. IMO one of the most obvious one is bug id#11 ”Ext KB - MIDI control reception problems”. It’s amazing that they sell a flagship product with all those external midi control features (aux kb mode) but yet you cannot use wheel or exp pedal. What the h***l is wrong with this company nowadays?
tristof

Post by tristof »

NS4 synth mono voice note release order
If I play 4 notes from highest pitch to lowest in the synth section with mono voice turned one and release them in reverse order, the order is incorrect after releasing 2 notes
Bug ID 72
https://www.norduserforum.com/nord-stag ... 25333.html