Effect pedal causing amp popping & crackling Electro 6

Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.
robski54
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Effect pedal causing amp popping & crackling Electro 6

Post by robski54 »

OK

So I have a Nord Electro 6D

So that I can pitch bend with the synth, I have a Behringer US600 Shifter/Harmonist pedal, connected in series from the Nord out (both jack outs to one jack into the pedal- quarter inch) to my amp (single jack out to single jack in of amp)

I’m getting an intermittent popping /crackling from the amp- particularly when I’m playing lower synth notes - occasionally the sound also drops out altogether & them comes back

It happens to a lesser extent higher up the keyboard and with piano/organ …so seems to be a low frequency issue

Other points:

I have ruled out the amp (Behringer Ultratone KXD12) as the same thing happens with my Yamaha DBR 10. It is not the cables as I’ve mixed & matched there too. Finally swapped out the 9V power supply for a 9V battery in case it was a mains issue- same thing

In case it’s relevant, I’m in the UK

Any ideas what in the pedal is causing it (presumably impedance) & if there’s an easy work around? I'm not particularly tech/electricity savvy so simpler lingo preferred :)

Many thx