Problem after Grand factory reset

Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.
Beemer2

Problem after Grand factory reset

Post by Beemer2 »

I have the latest OS version but I needed to do a factory reset on my Grand. This completed but I now have two problems.
1) The piano sound only comes from the left Nord speaker and nothing comes out the right speaker. I did not make any cable change from when it was playing to both speakers
2) The system menu shows that piano is left speaker and synth is right but I cannot find how to change that. As it is now there is no piano or synth sound from the right speaker.
I recall that the cable between the speakers is carrying power and audio so I don't know how to test the right speaker. Any advice would be welcome.
maxpiano
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Re: Problem after Grand factory reset

Post by maxpiano »

Go to System menu and modify Output Routing with Program dial

Menus are navigated with the on-screen < and > soft buttons and settings are changed with the PROGRAM dial.

(then repeat the mantra "the manual is my friend,...") :mrgreen:
Last edited by maxpiano on 28 Feb 2024, 19:14, edited 3 times in total.
Beemer2

Post by Beemer2 »

maxpiano wrote:Go to System menu and modify Output Routing with Program dial

Menus are navigated with the on-screen < and > soft buttons and settings are changed with the PROGRAM dial.

I already tried to change the output routing but I cannot find one that says stereo
FZiegler
Donator

Post by FZiegler »

Have you already tried to repeat the factory reset?

According to the manual, there should be an output routing setting called 'stereo'. If there isn't, something is odd.
Last edited by FZiegler on 29 Feb 2024, 14:19, edited 2 times in total.
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Post by maxpiano »

Beemer2 wrote:

I already tried to change the output routing but I cannot find one that says stereo
5 - OUTPUT ROUTING Mode
In Stereo mode, all sounds are sent to both audio outputs. When set to Piano:L Synth:R, Piano sounds are sent to the left output and sample synth sounds to the right.
Range: Stereo (Default), L:Piano R:Synth

if it is currently on the other setting, then you have to rotate the Program dial counterclockwise.

If you still have a problem I suggest to redo the OS update to latest version i.e. currently 1.62 https://www.nordkeyboards.com/downloads/nord-grand
Last edited by maxpiano on 29 Feb 2024, 15:04, edited 2 times in total.
Beemer2

Post by Beemer2 »

maxpiano wrote:
Beemer2 wrote:

5 - OUTPUT ROUTING Mode
In Stereo mode, all sounds are sent to both audio outputs. When set to Piano:L Synth:R, Piano sounds are sent to the left output and sample synth sounds to the right.
Range: Stereo (Default), L:Piano R:Synth

if it is currently on the other setting, then you have to rotate the Program dial counterclockwise.

If you still have a problem I suggest to redo the OS update to latest version i.e. currently 1.62 https://www.nordkeyboards.com/downloads/nord-grand
Many thanks for your advice all is working correctly now.