Felt strip at hammers

Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.
alancgraceav
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Grand

Felt strip at hammers

Post by alancgraceav »

Hi I’ve read a post on the hammers getting stuck in the felt and ours is doing the same. I am having trouble knowing what this specific part is called and where to order it. It is the back end of the keys where the hammer strikes and hit the felt strip. I just need a part number and where to order from. Attached is a pic showing the hammer hitting it .Thanks
Attachments
Felt strip to replace
Felt strip to replace
IMG_6572.jpeg (2.28 MiB) Viewed 330 times
FZiegler
Donator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Re: Felt strip at hammers

Post by FZiegler »

There is no tech support manual publicly available for the past few years. So no way to provide you with a part number from the user forum's side.

If you mail your national distributor and send your photo, you may get that information and should be able to get that part as well. Let us know if that works!
These users thanked the author FZiegler for the post:
alancgraceav
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars
Nordine
Donator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Post by Nordine »

These users thanked the author Nordine for the post:
alancgraceav
—Nordine

Jazz pianist, composer, arranger & co-author of "Jazzology: The Encyclopaedia of Jazz Theory for All Musicians"
Nord Piano 5 (88)
Roland RD-88
Korg Triton Extreme
M-Audio Keys 49 MK3
Yamaha HS5 Monitors
Audient Evo 4
Beemer2

Post by Beemer2 »

I'm pleased that you posted this image. My gripe is not stuck hammers but the noise made by ether the hammer strike or the key hitting the felt strip under the keys. Is that something you have noticed and when the hammers are exposed can you tell if the noise is more pronounced from the hammer or the key itself?
Last edited by Beemer2 on 28 Feb 2024, 14:47, edited 1 time in total.