Nord Stage Classic - Piano sound not working consistently

General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.
beccy_b
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage Classic

Nord Stage Classic - Piano sound not working consistently

Post by beccy_b »

Hello. I have a Stage Classic which hasn't been played much in the last couple years. I set it up yesterday and the sounds seemed to be working ok. Turned it off and came back later, the piano and organ sounds are not working at all, but the synth section is working perfectly fine. Spent quite a while trying to problem solve and eventually the piano and organ sounds came through (not totally sure how I actually did this though). This morning only the synth sounds are working again, don't have any piano or organ coming through. Any ideas??
maxpiano
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Re: Nord Stage Classic - Piano sound not working consistentl

Post by maxpiano »

Hello and welcome to NUF, you probably need to check the Output Routing in the System menu, see your NS Classic manual related chapter, there is an "Auto Routing Mode" (Global/Program) and then 1 parameter per Section), if Mode set to Program you may have a different config per Program which explains why sometimes you hear a section and other times not (depending on selected Program, probably).
Last edited by maxpiano on 27 Feb 2024, 08:04, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author maxpiano for the post (total 2):
be lee vit, beccy_b
beccy_b
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage Classic

Re: Nord Stage Classic - Piano sound not working consistentl

Post by beccy_b »

Hi, thanks for that. Yesterday I checked the routing mode and it was set to global. I then changed the audio output for the piano and it worked perfectly straight away. However today when I went to use it, I’m back to having no piano sound, only synth. I tried checking the settings as I did yesterday but no luck