Nord Monitors

Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.
Nordlicht
Donator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 4

Re: Nord Monitors

Post by Nordlicht »

ArtMc wrote:It's my understanding that the Nord Monitors have threads that will also allow it them to be attached to a microphone stand, is that correct?
As an addition, here is what the quick start guide of the monitors says:
"The Nord Piano Monitor brackets can also be fitted to standard - 5/8" thread size - microphone stands, using the threaded hole at the bottom of the bracket."

As mentioned before, the stands should be not the lightest, although 5,5 kg per pair isn’t that heavy.
Nord Piano 5 + Nord Piano Monitors, Nord Stage 4 Compact + other stuff
https://soundcloud.com/spektralfarben
Suavek

Post by Suavek »

I hooked up two Yamaha HS7 to my NP5 and was blown away. Funny, with just one monitor it sound weak but two side by side made my NP5 sounding like acoustic right angle I used to have. Just need an under stand shelve for both next to keep them off the floor. Scouted o.box $200 ea on ebay. Glad I didn't pull on the nord, saved 500 bucks right here.
Attachments
20240219_161305_copy_1561x1058.jpg
20240219_161305_copy_1561x1058.jpg (420.57 KiB) Viewed 273 times
Last edited by Suavek on 23 Feb 2024, 09:12, edited 1 time in total.
ArtMc

Post by ArtMc »

agcohn wrote:
ArtMc wrote:
Nordlicht wrote:I am playing my Piano 5 at home with the Nord Piano Monitors V2. They are quite loud (usually i turn up the master level to 50 %), so I could imagine that they could work as a personal monitor in a smaller live situation very well.
It's my understanding that the Nord Monitors have threads that will also allow it them to be attached to a microphone stand, is that correct?
The Nord Monitors come with threads / screws / brackets that attach to the back of the keyboards:

So you could conceivably attach them to anything that has the right sized threads and is thin enough for the screws to make it all of the way through into the monitors. But the monitors weigh around 6 lbs each though, so I'm not sure about a microphone stand unless it has some serious support.
Yes, you're right, thanks for pointing that out I found that out immediately but one thing I didn't realize is that the Nord Monitors are designed to receive the the left and right outputs, but the Ilouds are designed for the headphone out which I like because I can still use my main outs into the PA. So now I'm wondering how effective it will be to send the headphone out to the Nord monitors with a stereo split cable, so I can continue to send my main outputs to the PA
agcohn
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 4

Post by agcohn »

ArtMc wrote:Yes, you're right, thanks for pointing that out I found that out immediately but one thing I didn't realize is that the Nord Monitors are designed to receive the the left and right outputs, but the Ilouds are designed for the headphone out which I like because I can still use my main outs into the PA. So now I'm wondering how effective it will be to send the headphone out to the Nord monitors with a stereo split cable, so I can continue to send my main outputs to the PA
Do the iLouds have their own volume control? I think you would want have to have a headphone amp or something similar if you're going to use the headphone out, if only to be able to control the volume separately from the main L/R outputs, which I always keep at max going into my audio interface. Though I personally output my headphones / monitors all through the audio interface at home.
Nordlicht
Donator
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 4

Post by Nordlicht »

ArtMc wrote:Yes, you're right, thanks for pointing that out I found that out immediately but one thing I didn't realize is that the Nord Monitors are designed to receive the the left and right outputs, but the Ilouds are designed for the headphone out which I like because I can still use my main outs into the PA. So now I'm wondering how effective it will be to send the headphone out to the Nord monitors with a stereo split cable, so I can continue to send my main outputs to the PA
I had also encountered the problem that the Nord Monitor speakers were occupying the two outputs. To be able to send the outputs to my mixer (DAW) at the same time, I got myself two simple Y adapter cables (see linke below).
They work perfectly, without affecting the sound or volume in any way.
https://www.thomann.de/de/cordial_ey_03 ... ements.htm
Nord Piano 5 + Nord Piano Monitors, Nord Stage 4 Compact + other stuff
https://soundcloud.com/spektralfarben
ArtMc

Post by ArtMc »

Got my Nord Piano Monitors and they are absolutely amazing!! The Iloud micros are great but no way comparable to the Nords, Just wanted to thank everyone for your tips and suggestions!
These users thanked the author ArtMc for the post:
Nordlicht
ArtMc

Post by ArtMc »

Nordlicht wrote:
I had also encountered the problem that the Nord Monitor speakers were occupying the two outputs. To be able to send the outputs to my mixer (DAW) at the same time, I got myself two simple Y adapter cables (see linke below).
They work perfectly, without affecting the sound or volume in any way.
https://www.thomann.de/de/cordial_ey_03 ... ements.htm
Yes thanks I did the same, got y connectors and its no loss of quality whatsoever
These users thanked the author ArtMc for the post:
Nordlicht