Hammond NSMP Samples

Share and download User samples and project files (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4, *.nsmproj)"
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of patches and samples.
EnjoyRC
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4

Re: Hammond NSMP Samples

Post by EnjoyRC »

Elevator wrote:I should say can anybody help please?
At this time, it seems there is an issue with the current version of NSM. It's advertised to be able to convert samples to v4, yet it cannot.
Live Boards: Nord Stage 4 HA73, Korg Kronos 88, Roland Fantom 06, AKAI MPC Keys 25, StudioLogic SL88|STUDIO, HydraSynth, MiniFreak, DeepMind
Live DAW: MacBook Pro, GigPerformer, Ableton Live, MOTU UltraLite mk5, AKAI APC64
HANNONDITUP
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5

Post by HANNONDITUP »

Follow up on my attempts to download and install the Hammond B3 samples from this forum to our new Nord 5 Piano. Even using the Drag and drop method I also still got the message that the samples were from an old format and could not be downloaded. Interestingly I found 10 Hammond samples on SC Sounds that I was able to download in the NSMP format and convert to allow use on my Nord Piano 5 without issue using the current NSM version. Our Keyboardist is pleased with them but I told him I would still post our experience to see if anyone has an answer. He is a previous Hammond B3 user and appreciated at least those samples. Thanks in advance for those that have commented and posted previously about this.
HANNONDITUP

Post by HANNONDITUP »

Another comment about the Hammond Samples I downloaded to our Nord 5 Piano. I placed them in an open mslc? file location in the sample files under the Synthesizer side. Their Website is www.SC-Sounds.com. These sounded pretty good especially layered with several different pianos or additional synthesizers. They are an improvement over the existing Nord Organ Samples in the Synthesizer section.
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Post by WannitBBBad »

HANNONDITUP wrote:Another comment about the Hammond Samples I downloaded to our Nord 5 Piano. I placed them in an open mslc? file location in the sample files under the Synthesizer side...
Interesting. I wonder what version of Nord Sample Editor was used to create the samples - I used NSE version 4. It was confirmed last week that the latest versions of NSM (v7.82 and v7.84) won't convert my NSMP files for the Stage 4 or Piano 5, yet Piano 5 owners using NSM 7.62 last year didn't have any problem with converting them. Attached is NSM v7.62 if you want to try it. You can also go to the Nord website and change the URL for v7.84 to v7.62 and it will download. Good luck!

Update: NSM v8.00 also has a bug preventing conversion of NSMP files created with Nord Sample Editor in NSMP2 format (even those created with NSE v4.3). It was reported that NSM will convert the older version 1 NSMP samples.
Attachments
Nord Sound Manager v7.62.zip
(4.39 MiB) Downloaded 77 times
Last edited by WannitBBBad on 18 Apr 2024, 15:12, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author WannitBBBad for the post (total 2):
HANNONDITUP, Elevator
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...
HANNONDITUP

Post by HANNONDITUP »

Thanks, I will give that a try and post my experience. Hopefully with good news!
HANNONDITUP

Post by HANNONDITUP »

So I was able to utilize the older NSM version 7.62 and it loaded the the NSMP samples as described with the change to the correct format. Have uploaded ten of the Hammond samples from WannitBBBad into the user file section of the Sample files on the Nord Piano 5. They are working great! So there must be some glitch or update in the current NSM versions that flags something in the older NSMP files. A big Thank-you to WannitBBBad for the suggestion and the link! I will be uploading more of the Samples as I have the time.
These users thanked the author HANNONDITUP for the post (total 2):
WannitBBBad, Elevator
Elevator

Post by Elevator »

I was also able to upload to my Nord Piano 5 many of the WannitBBBad Hammond samples using the older NSM version 7.62.
Many thanks to WannitBBBad for both the samples and help to resolve the problem.
The samples are great and a couple went straight into use in two numbers I'm playing in my Band.
Jeremiah29v11
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 3

Post by Jeremiah29v11 »

add a Lester G pedal and you've really got something!
NICE!!!!!
piersonplays

Post by piersonplays »

Hi! Thanks so much for uploading these great samples. I'm running to a bit of an issue though- when I try to download them into my Nord Sound Manager, I get the error message: "File extension for "B3_888_SL_W" (nsmp) is not supported by this instrument."

Is there anything I need to do to make my PIano 5 be able to support these sounds? (Update?)

Thanks so much-
-Pierson
WannitBBBad
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Post by WannitBBBad »

piersonplays wrote:Hi! Thanks so much for uploading these great samples. I'm running to a bit of an issue though- when I try to download them into my Nord Sound Manager, I get the error message: "File extension for "B3_888_SL_W" (nsmp) is not supported by this instrument."

Is there anything I need to do to make my PIano 5 be able to support these sounds? (Update?)

Thanks so much-
-Pierson
Hello, and welcome to the Forum! Some older versions of Nord Sound Manager worked fine converting my NSMP files to NSMP4 format for the Piano 5. NSM versions 7.82, 7.84, and 8.00 appear to have a bug preventing conversion of certain user-created NSMP files. I would suggest loading NSM v7.62 above and the files you want should load just fine. Good luck! https://www.norduserforum.com/nord-user ... ml#p172969
Last edited by WannitBBBad on 18 Apr 2024, 15:14, edited 1 time in total.
Nord Stage 3 | SC Prophet T8 | Korg X50... In the past: Nord Stage EX, 2, 2EX | SC Prophet 5, 10 | MiniMoog | Hammond B3 & 122 Leslie | Yamaha DX7IIFD, EX5, CP60 | Hohner D6 | Fender Rhodes | Roland S-50, D-50, XP-50...