Nord Stage 4 layering/split

General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.
Lilryu
United States of America

Nord Stage 4 layering/split

Post by Lilryu »

Hi everyone, I'm planning to purchase a Nord Stage 4. It would be my first Nord and I was wondering if splitting/layering is as simple as the Yamaha Genos. With the Genos, you can save preset registration that has certain splits for you and you can adjust the split point/octave relatively easy. Is this the same case with the Nord?
maxpiano
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Italy

Re: Nord Stage 4 layering/split

Post by maxpiano »

Hi it is all in the specs

https://www.nordkeyboards.com/products/ ... ifications
Up to 3 Split Points (4 Keyboard Zones) with visual LED indication between zones

Then easy/difficult depends on your attitude (in NS4 you need to access a menu, not just a button, if this is bottom line your question)

I suggest you to check all specs and also some demo videos + the manual before making the decision to purchase, because if you come from the Genos (an arranger) you have to consider that the Nord Stage is a completely different animal (a stage piano) so it is not just the splits that you may find you will be missing.
Last edited by maxpiano on 12 Feb 2024, 09:31, edited 1 time in total.
FZiegler
Donator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Germany

Post by FZiegler »

And there is one special point with the Nords: There are only 2 split points possible per octave - they are fixed and marked with an LED. There are hard splits and soft transition possible.
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars
superbender
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand
Germany

Post by superbender »

Lilryu wrote:Hi everyone, I'm planning to purchase a Nord Stage 4. It would be my first Nord and I was wondering if splitting/layering is as simple as the Yamaha Genos. With the Genos, you can save preset registration that has certain splits for you and you can adjust the split point/octave relatively easy. Is this the same case with the Nord?
In general it is very simple. But first you have to understand the general user interface of the Nord Stage. I came from a Yamaha Modx and a Roland RD-2000. It took a while, but with youtube I learned it in a couple of days. Now I think it is the best concept of all.
Last edited by superbender on 12 Feb 2024, 17:44, edited 1 time in total.
Nord Stage 4 Compact, Roland RD-2000