Nord Stand Sup (Ex)

All topics involving amplification and other accessories you are using with your Nord, and how all those things work together.
BobArctor
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Grand
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Drum 3P

Nord Stand Sup (Ex)

Post by BobArctor »

Hello there,

I recently bought that stand https://www.nordkeyboards.fr/accessoire ... hp-p86399/ for my Nord Grand.

But the front legs are 65cm long, and the back legs about 64.5cm long. The ring on the front leg makes it easy to eventually extend them, but I can't make them shorter. So currently my Nord is not level...

On Thomann's photos, you can see that the ring on the front legs:

Doesn't match mine, which seems to have another bright metal part under the ring which is about 0.5cm wide. So maybe that's a mishap in production?
smol.jpg
smol.jpg (63.53 KiB) Viewed 551 times
Is this a known issue? Maybe there's no issue and I simply missed a step?

Thanks,
BobArctor

Re: Nord Stand Sup (Ex)

Post by BobArctor »

I realize maybe the front extensions that were provided are the same than the back extensions. Must be a factory issue.
vojtech-h
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord C2D

Post by vojtech-h »

Are all four ends of the stand legs the same?

Your picture suggests an upgrade.

I have a stand from 2013.
The ends of the legs look the same as your Thomann's picture.
In detail they are 2+2 pieces with different depths of the nut placement.
Attachments
stand_leg_ends.jpg
stand_leg_ends.jpg (138.63 KiB) Viewed 445 times
Last edited by vojtech-h on 08 Feb 2024, 20:23, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author vojtech-h for the post:
BobArctor
BobArctor

Post by BobArctor »

Yeah the 4 ends are exactly the same. Which means :
- 4 long tubes of exact same length
- 4 short tubes (ends) of exact same length
- Front legs have a ring nut ~7mm wide
- Back legs pinch a crossbar ~2mm wide
= 7mm - 2mm = Back legs are 5mm shorter...

If I had your front pieces, it would probably work OK. Do you know if Nord could provide them?
Last edited by BobArctor on 08 Feb 2024, 09:49, edited 1 time in total.
PScooter63
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 4

Post by PScooter63 »

Checking my set (from 2014), my four ends are identical as well. I’ve never been conscious of a tilt.

Those slots in the inner nut of the ends implies that their depth can be adjusted with a turn or two. Are there slots in the inner part of yours? If so, that could be an easy fix.

In any case, your regional distributor for Nord should be your starting point for questions, not Nord directly. Best of luck in your quest!
IMG_7986.jpeg
IMG_7986.jpeg (1.47 MiB) Viewed 383 times
Last edited by PScooter63 on 08 Feb 2024, 16:30, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author PScooter63 for the post:
maxpiano
vojtech-h
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord C2D

Post by vojtech-h »

The older leg ends have the same length in the set and mainly the connecting nut screwed inside the aluminum tube. This tube becomes a point of contact with the leg or strut and does not have a suitable lifespan for frequent assembly - we can see the damaged edges of the leg ends (no black paint) in PScooter63's picture.

According to your picture, your new upgraded leg ends have a connecting nut extending beyond the aluminum tube and thus the area for contact with the leg or the strut is made of steel and promises a long service life.

The difference of 5 mm in the length of the assembled front and rear legs is due to the construction of the stand.
It is probably not normally noticed by the keyboard player. Maybe the Nord Grand tempts you to place the glass on the top surface :D (and luckily it goes to the cables and not to the keyboard).

How to solve the 5mm difference?

You didn't use to put a carpet or an adhesive pad under the triple pedal so that it doesn't slide on the floor, it could reach under the rear legs of the stand and lift them up.

Also can be purchased at the fastener's or hardware store - 4 pieces - Plain washers DIN 126 size M12 and use 2 pieces when mounting the strut at the rear leg of the stand.
Note: the DIN 126 standard is the same as ISO 7091, the dimensions of the part are dia D=24 mm, d=13 mm, thickness=2,50 mm.

I wish you a successful and satisfactory solution.

Vojtech
PScooter63
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 4

Post by PScooter63 »

vojtech-h wrote:The older leg ends have the same length in the set and mainly the connecting nut screwed inside the aluminum tube. This tube becomes a point of contact with the leg or strut and does not have a suitable lifespan for frequent assembly - we can see the damaged edges of the leg ends (no black paint) in PScooter63's picture.
I appreciate the keen observation, but I'm not sure I share your conclusion. My set of legs was purchased in 2014 for my Electro 4, and they have seen assembly/disassembly cycles 3-4 times monthly, occasionally exceeding that, over the past 10 years continuously. I use them with either the E4 or S3, depending upon the gig need.

There's nothing physically wrong with these, aside from the surface-only minor paint degradation you noted. The metal itself has never misshapen in any way, and they are functionally identical to their initial setup. I still prefer them when performing with only one instrument... one less thing to lug around separately, since they fit in the pocket of my soft cases.
BobArctor

Post by BobArctor »

Thanks all for your answers!

What bugs me (probably more than it should), is that the lower part of the ring nut is clearly made to sit comfy in some kind of depression (the depression that seem to exist on more ancient feets, in your photos PScooter63 and vojtech-h). And in my case it sits on unadjustable bare metal (which adds even more to the general height of the ring nut). If this is not a mistake and the new front ends (mine) really are supposed to look like this, this is lazy engineering at best.

Add to this that they don't provide the longer extensions anymore: I've been cost-cut :D

Anyways I'll probably end up adding metal rings on the two back feets to compensate the height of the front ring nut.

This is not a nice product.
Last edited by BobArctor on 09 Feb 2024, 13:25, edited 2 times in total.