Would changing from a Kronos to an Electro 5D be worth it?

Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.
duque5582
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Re: Would changing from a Kronos to an Electro 5D be worth i

Post by duque5582 »

Spider wrote:As others have said they're hard to compare, but it seems you're losing too much by selling the Korg. The Kronos can easily be the only keyboard you will use for the rest of your life. The Electro not, pure and simple. In addition, you have never tried a Nord so you cannot be sure if you will like the sounds and interface. It's a very risky gamble to make, especially because as you say, in your country it will not be easy to go back (re-sell the Nord and get another Kronos), and you will probably lose money in the process.

I would only consider selling the Kronos if:
- you don't like the sounds
- you hate the interface and cannot work confortably with it
- you only use a few selected sounds (piano, organ, strings and pads), and have no need for the millions of other complex sound engines.

The Electro offers the advantage of a few high quality sounds in an easy and friendly interface, but you really should try it before buying to make sure it's exactly what you need. Otherwise you risk making a very expensive mistake that may seriously compromise your work for the future.
I CERTAINLY APPRECIATE YOUR OPINION MY FRIEND THE TRUTH IS THAT THE SOUNDS OF ACOUSTIC PIANOS AND EP'S AT NORD CATCH MY ATTENTION BASICALLY BECAUSE OF THE SOUNDS
docbop
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Post by docbop »

duque5582 wrote: I CERTAINLY APPRECIATE YOUR OPINION MY FRIEND THE TRUTH IS THAT THE SOUNDS OF ACOUSTIC PIANOS AND EP'S AT NORD CATCH MY ATTENTION BASICALLY BECAUSE OF THE SOUNDS
It is always weird to me Nord's are performance focused keyboard, but their piano sounds are mainly for solo or duo piano work. In general they are too bottom heavy for a band situation except for the Studio Grand 2. The Studio Grand 2 has a good sound that cut thru and takes effects well and the tails of notes aren't too long.
blueturtle
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Post by blueturtle »

No, keep the Kronos and add a Nord one day. I have Kronos 88 and Nord Stage 3 Compact; I had Electro 6 before that.
Kronos can do everything! You can also sample Nord sounds and play them on Kronos; the sampler/sample technology is far more advanced than the one on Nord.
Electro doesn't even have a modulation and pitch band. It's a limited device for very few purposes, and eventually, Nord wants you to upgrade to a Stage keyboard.

I would consider Electro replacing Kronos just if you play acoustic keyboard parts, piano, and organ.

I would consider Korg because it has more sound engines (there is nothing you can't do with it), endless splits and controls, setlist mode, Audio over USB, audio outputs, samples, seq, Karma, and build quality.
Last edited by blueturtle on 17 Apr 2024, 09:05, edited 1 time in total.
Tasten-Bert
Donator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Post by Tasten-Bert »

blueturtle wrote:

I would consider Korg because it has more sound engines (there is nothing you can do with it), endless splits and controls, setlist mode, Audio over USB, audio outputs, samples, seq, Karma, and build quality.
I‘m sure that blueturtle wanted to say „there is nothing you can‘t do with it“

Cheers
| nord electro 5D 61 and korg X50 on k&m 18880 or 18950 stand | iPad mini 5 with Set List Maker | phonic AM120 submixer |
[hr]
... and I loved these of my former stuff: nord electro 3, Roland VR-760, Fatar Studio 1100, korg 01/W, Roland U-20