Old Nord

General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.
purplesky

Old Nord

Post by purplesky »

Hello! This if my first post here. I have a friend who has an older Nord Stage. The Organ and Piano modules don't work but the Synth module works perfectly. Any ideas of a not obvious place for me, but obvious place for you (the experienced Nord user) to fix this? Thanks for your time!
Last edited by purplesky on 29 Jan 2024, 23:48, edited 2 times in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Re: Piano and Organ Modules don't work - Synth module works

Post by maxpiano »

Hi and welcome! I'd check Output Routing settings first of all (which middle has your friend exactly?)
Last edited by maxpiano on 29 Jan 2024, 22:04, edited 2 times in total.
purplesky

Post by purplesky »

Thank you for the warm welcome and for the suggestion. It's the original Stage I believe. He told me it needs a spare part to repair it which they couldn't track down. However, I'm a little skeptical that perhaps something it's something more simple perhaps like the output routing like you mentioned.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Post by maxpiano »

purplesky wrote:Thank you for the warm welcome and for the suggestion. It's the original Stage I believe. He told me it needs a spare part to repair it which they couldn't track down. However, I'm a little skeptical that perhaps something it's something more simple perhaps like the output routing like you mentioned.
OK, Output Routing is in the System menu and (for reference) the NS Classic/EX manual is available here (also in German) https://www.nordkeyboards.com/downloads ... ge-classic
Last edited by maxpiano on 29 Jan 2024, 22:20, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author maxpiano for the post:
purplesky
purplesky

Re: Broken Nord - repairable?

Post by purplesky »

Cool, thanks! Any idea if the sounds of the piano are good on the original? Also, this one does Rhodes correct?
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Re: Broken Nord - repairable?

Post by maxpiano »

purplesky wrote:Cool, thanks! Any idea if the sounds of the piano are good on the original? Also, this one does Rhodes correct?
They are still good enough for using in a band of almost any genre, compared to the newest models they lack the support for nuances of String Resonance and Pedal Noise and you are limited (in number ansd size of pianos you can load) by the memory space (128 MByte on NS Classic) and version of Nord Piano library (see NS Classic factory banks here https://www.nordkeyboards.com/sound-lib ... ory-sounds)

By the way, doing a complete Factory Restore (using the Nord Sound Manager + the original backup you can find at that link), would not be a bad idea.
Last edited by maxpiano on 29 Jan 2024, 23:20, edited 3 times in total.
These users thanked the author maxpiano for the post:
purplesky