Keyboard stops working

Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.
amadeo
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Keyboard stops working

Post by amadeo »

Please I need help. Hello, I'm new here and I just bought my nord electro 6 hp a few days ago, so I don't really know much about it -I apologise for my ignorance - (and I'm from Argentina, so I apologise for mi english as well in advanced)

This is what happens: Whenever I change the "equalizer" on the piano section either to mid or -specially-to bright I hear some noise (similar to a conection problem) and the spund stops working all together. (Piano still on, but doesn't produce any sound, even if I take the bright equalizer off). Then I have to turn it off and ond again, change the equalizer, and only then it starts working again. This happened to me with headphones and also with my amplifier.
Specially when I go through the different programs, whenever one of them has the bright equalizer, then this happens.

I basically spent all my saving in this keyboard and I'm really worried about this. Could someone help me out please? hope I explained myself properly.

Thanks in advance
ElectroStrat

Re: Keyboard stops working

Post by ElectroStrat »

Hi,
I've never faced this problem with the piano equalizer on my Electro 6.
Are you running the latest firmware v2.64 ?
(You can see the firmware version on the display when you turn on the Electro)
amadeo

Post by amadeo »

Thanks for your answer.

Yes that's the one I'm running. I'm stargin to think that could be a matter of either headphones or amplifier not being suited.
I just tried going from low to mid, and it already started making a bit of static noise, and then when I move it to bright, it made a lowder noice and stopped. Do you think that might be an issue?

Thanks
Rusty Mike
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Post by Rusty Mike »

That sounds to me like a product defect. If it's brand new you should return it to your retailer for an exchange.
Mike from Central NJ, USA
Tools: Ten fingers, two feet, middle-age brain, questionable judgement and taste
Current Nords: Piano 5 73, Electro 6D 73
Ownership History: Electro 2, Electro 3-73 SW, Electro 3HP, Electro 4D, Stage 2EX 76HP
amadeo

Post by amadeo »

Here I'll show you some examples. Always when the preset program has a bright or mid+bright piano equalizer
Attachments
VID-20240126-WA0069.mp4
(5.21 MiB) Downloaded 34 times
ElectroStrat

Post by ElectroStrat »

There is clearly something wrong if you lose the piano sound by simply browsing the patches forward and then backward.

Do you have some MIDI connections or some pedals attached ?
If so, try disconnecting all of them.

Also, from your video, I can see that your Electro is an old one / a second hand one :
- no Dyn1 and Dyn2 markings on the piano Equalizer section as found in latest versions of the E6 (like mine which is more than 3 years old)
- missing cap for the piano List pot
Maybe something bad has happened to your E6 and it needs some repair.
amadeo

Post by amadeo »

Hi, thanks for your answer.

No, nothing else connected. Only the TS cable to the amp.
And yes, it is a second hand one.

I already updated the keyboard and restored to factory settings and still the same problem.
Attachments
20240126_111946~3.mp4
(47.54 MiB) Downloaded 25 times
ElectroStrat

Post by ElectroStrat »

The loud sound when you activate the Dyno Eq (Bright + Med) is clearly abnormal.

Given the latest firmware installed, factory settings restored and no MIDI / USB / pedals connected, I think it's a hardware related issue that needs a repair.