Nord Electro 3 HP - Startup Issue / All Lights Turn On

Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.
ronan

Nord Electro 3 HP - Startup Issue / All Lights Turn On

Post by ronan »

Hi there!

My beloved Electro 3 HP I've had for 10 years suddenly out of the blue started having this issue where I plug it in and it turns on all of the lights and then doesn't finish the boot up process. The lights simply stay on and nothing happens. Normally they turn on for a second and then turn off when the system boots up, but it's getting stuck somehow. I've messaged support about it and have yet to hear back so I wanted to see if anyone else had a similar issue.

Thanks in advance!
maxpiano
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Re: Nord Electro 3 HP - Startup Issue / All Lights Turn On

Post by maxpiano »

Hello and welcome to NUF :-)

If you had done as search on this forum you'd have found many similar threads, first thing to try is open your NE3 and check the connectors between mainboard and panel board (remove, clean contacts then reseat them), in many cases this solves the issue. If not then you will have to check the PSU or (worst case) you have a HW problem at mainboard level. But try the easy one first ;-)
Last edited by maxpiano on 24 Jan 2024, 10:28, edited 1 time in total.
ronan

Re: Nord Electro 3 HP - Startup Issue / All Lights Turn On

Post by ronan »

Thanks for the tip! I'm not seeing any forum posts related to showing how to actually remove and clean the contacts between the mainboard and panel board. Are you aware of any tutorials or guides on how to do this? I'm just a bit hesitant to open up and try without any guidance as I'm not sure I'll know what to look for and how to clean and reseat them properly.