Can't connect Nord Drum 3p with Nord Drum 3 Manager (MAC)

Everything about the new Nord Drum and the Nord Beat 2 App.
clerton
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Drum 3P

Re: Can't connect Nord Drum 3p with Nord Drum 3 Manager (MAC)

Post by clerton »

nao consigo conectar meu nord ao programa . a placa midi esta ok , toda configuracao certinha, mas quando conecto no programa nao reconhece, alguem pode me orientar ou me da um suporte para conectar , eu pago pela acessoria online
FZiegler
Donator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Re: Can't connect Nord Drum 3p with Nord Drum 3 Manager (MAC)

Post by FZiegler »

Unfortunately, you obviously wrote your post in your own language and forgot that this forum is English speaking only. Maybe, you are reading it in translation, but what you are writing, is not translated automatically back into English. So, please consult an online translator like translate.google.com or deepl.com to get your question or comment into English before posting.
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars
henrik90

Re: Can't connect Nord Drum 3p with Nord Drum 3 Manager (MAC

Post by henrik90 »

Hi all,

I just bought a Nord Drum 3 and also have problems using the Nord Drum 3 Manager.
The MIDI adapter is recognized by the Drum Manager and I can send and receive MIDI data to/from Nord Drums 3 (I verified it using a MIDI monitor and DAW).
Thus, it's obviously not related to the hardware or operating system...
Interestingly, it does not work for both, Mac OS 14 and Windows 10.

I hope bug fix will be released soon!

Update
I tried using a MOTU interface and it works now for Mac OS 14 and Windows 10 for me (before I used a cheap, old LogiLink USB-MIDI adapter)!
This is quite interesting as for basic MIDI messages (e.g. Notes, CC, ...) the LogiLink adapter "worked".
Maybe the problem is related to the generic USB-MIDI driver of Mac OS / Windows as LogiLink does not offer dedicated drivers.
Or the cheap, internal hardware of the LogiLink adapter introduced some race conditions or similar resulting in this issue (I guess this has higher probability).
Anyways, I would recommend to try a proper, more recent MIDI interface:)
Last edited by henrik90 on 15 Apr 2024, 21:43, edited 1 time in total.
wartaler
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage Classic
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Drum 2

Re: Can't connect Nord Drum 3p with Nord Drum 3 Manager (MAC

Post by wartaler »

Great to hear you got it working on both Mac and Windows, thanks for the update!
Yes, very cheap MIDI interfaces can't be trusted and effectively seem to have a limited bandwidth which does not let you transfer banks or firmware updates.
Nord Drum 2, Drum (1), Lead 4, Lead 2x, Stage 'Classic', Micro Modular