Solved: Sample Editor 4.20 Crashes Computer

This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.
Smokehouse
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Solved: Sample Editor 4.20 Crashes Computer

Post by Smokehouse »

Not sure on which forum to ask this, but the program 'Nord Sample Editor 4.20' crashes my computer every time I attempt to open it up. I'm using Windows 11 x64.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Semper Fi,
Bill
FZiegler
Donator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Re: Solved: Sample Editor 4.20 Crashes Computer

Post by FZiegler »

Everything's fine with my copy: same version, same OS. No crash. It just takes a little time to set up the UI.

Any special circumstances?

And did you try to re-install the program?
Last edited by FZiegler on 01 Jan 2024, 19:48, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author FZiegler for the post:
Smokehouse
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars
Smokehouse
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Re: Solved: Sample Editor 4.20 Crashes Computer

Post by Smokehouse »

Hi, FZ...thanks for your response and effort to assist. I have found the problem: I traced the error message "stdriverx64.sys failure" to another app causing the crashes. The other app is part of the NCH Software suite. I used Revo Uninstaller Pro to remove the entire suite (it had photo converters, pdf, audio converters, etc.), rebooted my computer, and now the Sound Editor works fine. Thanks so much for your time!! Semper Fi, Bill (BTW, I played several concerts while in Germany when I was 15 years old...probably long before you were born. I LOVE Germany!).
These users thanked the author Smokehouse for the post:
FZiegler