White Grand 6.3 v 6.1

This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.
poiter.mcd

White Grand 6.3 v 6.1

Post by poiter.mcd »

Hi all,

Can anyone confirm if version changes for piano libraries are published anywhere, in the same way that OS updates are? I've found some posts from people in the last little while saying it isn't, but wondering if I've just missed some posts. Google searching isn't returning anything.

I'm keen to know what the difference between 6.1 and 6.3 of the White Grand is, as there was a weird phasing issue with a couple of keys in the top octave in 6.1.

Thanks!
EnjoyRC
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4

Re: White Grand 6.3 v 6.1

Post by EnjoyRC »

+Following... good question.
Live Boards: Nord Stage 4 HA73, Korg Kronos 88, Roland Fantom 06, AKAI MPC Keys 25, StudioLogic SL88|STUDIO, HydraSynth, MiniFreak, DeepMind
Live DAW: MacBook Pro, GigPerformer, Ableton Live, MOTU UltraLite mk5, AKAI APC64
Eumel
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Post by Eumel »

Following as well
Nord Stage 4 88
Nord Electro 6 compact
maxpiano
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Post by maxpiano »

I can confirm that, afaik, they are not officially published anywhere by Clavia (and some of the new versions where not even in the Nord Piano Library yet but found on Factory backup files, initially, as you have noted)
Last edited by maxpiano on 25 Dec 2023, 23:53, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author maxpiano for the post:
poiter.mcd
afroskully
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Post by afroskully »

Using an Electro 5, I'm wondering if the 6.0 versions of these pianos have any sound improvements on them, or is it just updates to be able to work with the new filters that the later electros and stages have? I tried comparing the amber 5.0 to the 6.0 (both XLs) and to my ear I almost thought that the earlier one sounded better, but truly couldnt really tell.
poiter.mcd

Post by poiter.mcd »

Thanks for the reply. I've since had time to update some of my pianos (Stage 3) to the newer versions.

I can confirm that the weird issue with the White Grand is still there in 6.3 (2 of the notes in the top octave seem to have a phasing issue - it can be heard a little bit in stereo, but when you put the board onto Mono, it's very very easy to hear it - the D and D# in the highest octave on an 88).

So ... the numbering may just be a filtering issue as you say.
Cheers.
Tasten-Bert
Donator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Post by Tasten-Bert »

Hi,

I have loaded and a-b-tested the White Grand 6.1 vs. 6.3 now very long and must say, just by ear I can‘t make out a difference. Since the 6.3 is smaller in file size, I just keep it now onboard.

I play an electro 5 which doesn‘t have the filters of generation 6 and other new ones, so there might be more to report from those users.

Perhaps a second run at my band‘s rehearsal room after the winter break may bring some new results, I would come back then.

Cheers from Germany
These users thanked the author Tasten-Bert for the post:
poiter.mcd
| nord electro 5D 61 and korg X50 on k&m 18880 or 18950 stand | iPad mini 5 with Set List Maker | phonic AM120 submixer |
[hr]
... and I loved these of my former stuff: nord electro 3, Roland VR-760, Fatar Studio 1100, korg 01/W, Roland U-20
poiter.mcd

Post by poiter.mcd »

Thanks for the info!