NS3 - Looking for a subwoofer to extend the Piano Monitor

All topics involving amplification and other accessories you are using with your Nord, and how all those things work together.
flom95
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

NS3 - Looking for a subwoofer to extend the Piano Monitor

Post by flom95 »

Hello everyone,

I would dream to extend the low spectrum of the piano monitors. They have a sub out RCA but I can't find any recommendation to couple them with a named Subwoofer.
Could someone help having seen this kind of conf, as the speakers seem to be frequency full range, and should cut automatically when a sub is connected? Pure interpretation, nothing is mentioned in the documentation.

Many thanks!
Best
Fabien
Last edited by flom95 on 15 Nov 2023, 20:01, edited 1 time in total.
cphollis
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano 5

Re: NS3 - Looking for a subwoofer to extend the Piano Monito

Post by cphollis »

Haven't used the Nord monitors specifically, but I play with a small, inexpensive sub all the time.

If you want filtering, sub first then monitors. If you want a tad more bass, monitors first then sub. Either way it will sound better.
I think I have gear issues ....
flom95

Post by flom95 »

Many thanks!
Are both sub and monitors active? How do you chain them in the first option? And how low frequencies are not played simultaneously in the second one please?
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Post by maxpiano »

Nord Monitors are made by AudioPro https://www.audiopro.com/en/ so you may contact them and ask for the best matching subwoofer of theirs (SW5 or SW10 for example seems to fit and have stereo input + a crossover frequency setting knob to tune with the main speakers) and if you read Nord Monitors manual in fact it states:

SUB OUT
The RCA SUB OUT jack is intended for attaching a suitable subwoofer, such as the Audio Pro Addon SUB, to the Nord Piano Monitor system.

Otherwise look for other subwoofers for Studio Monitors (like Yamaha HS 8s, JBL LSR 310, Adam Sub 8,...), they will add bottom end anyway but of course they may be less optimized/tuned to Nord monitors.
Last edited by maxpiano on 16 Nov 2023, 20:52, edited 12 times in total.
These users thanked the author maxpiano for the post:
FZiegler
docbop

Post by docbop »

flom95 wrote:Hello everyone,

I would dream to extend the low spectrum of the piano monitors. They have a sub out RCA but I can't find any recommendation to couple them with a named Subwoofer.
Could someone help having seen this kind of conf, as the speakers seem to be frequency full range, and should cut automatically when a sub is connected? Pure interpretation, nothing is mentioned in the documentation.

Many thanks!
Best
Fabien
The Nord documentation for the monitor says .... The RCA SUB OUT jack is intended for attaching a suitable subwoofer, such as the Audio Pro Addon SUB, to the Nord Piano Monitor system.

Audio Pro as noted in previous reply is who makes the Nord monitors and the Nord webpage for the monitors says "by Audio Pro".

so Audio Pro is where to start your search.
Last edited by docbop on 16 Nov 2023, 19:04, edited 1 time in total.