Nord Stage 3 Error Message then Power Off

General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.
grplans
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Nord Stage 3 Error Message then Power Off

Post by grplans »

Hello - I bought a second hand Stage 3 from someone migrating to a Stage 4. It played well for three months with no problems but today have had a major issue. First the screen display suddenly displayed a message: 'Error - (Boot)'. I switched off for a few seconds then switched on again. Part of the screen display magnified (so I could not see other parts). What was displayed on the screen started to break up, with lines obscuring text. Then the error message was repeated nd the whole instrument lost power or powered off. Can anyone suggest what might be the problem and is there any way that I can fix this myself?
cgrafx
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Re: Nord Stage 3 Error Message then Power Off

Post by cgrafx »

The only component on the stage 3 that you could easily self-repair would be the power supply which can be found here: https://instrumentalparts.com/power-sup ... ams-60300/

The only way to know if the power supply has in fact failed, would be to open the keyboard and check it with a meter.

There are other failures that can occur that could result in the same sort of symptoms that are not specifically power supply related, so just replacing the power supply randomly is not an effective troubleshooting method (as the power supply might be perfectly fine).
Current Gear: NS3C, Alesis QS6.1, QS7.1 & QS8.2, Hammond B3 with Leslie 122, Yamaha CP70, Yamaha C3 6' Grand, Roland D-05, Roland AX-Edge, Waldorf Blofeld Keyboard, Behringer Arp Odyssey