RE: Bit Depth (NE6)?

Share your Programs/Patches for the Nord Electro Series (Nord Electro, NE2, NE3, NE4, NE5 D/HP/SW versions)
Forum rules
Share your Programs/Patches for the Nord Electro Series : NE, NE2, NE3, NE4, NE5.
When creating a new topic, it's good to add a prefix in you title that mention one of these Electro version,
e.g., [NE4]: Program for Van Halen - Jump
monsterjazzlicks
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Re: RE: Bit Depth (NE6)?

Post by monsterjazzlicks »

Thanks FZiegler,

I appreciate your help again. :thumbup:

Well, I have had some problems with Cubase with getting it to recognise/generate 'hit-points' (slices) in the appropriate places. I'm still looking into the issue...

It's seems to me that the NSE is well able to perform any of the basic tasks which may be required my the sample user to a very high standard, and without any goofing around!

Paul
Nord Electro 6D (61) | Yamaha DXR 10 (pair) | Yamaha HS7 (pair) | Cubase 9 | Sibelius 8.6 | Windows 10
FZiegler
Donator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Post by FZiegler »

I don't see why you would want to slice the audio file in Cubase - NSE does it well. Do you mean to normalise all tones to the same loudness, so you'd need to amplify some sounds more than others? I wouldn't do it (too much) - isn't it part of the instrument's character that the upper registers are less strong? But if I had to do it, I'd use Audacity with the enelope tool and just set a starting and an end point to evenly raise the amplification throughout the scale. No problem to set slit points with the help of a label track as well:
Audacity Tool.jpg
Audacity Tool.jpg (105.02 KiB) Viewed 1015 times
Last edited by FZiegler on 04 Nov 2023, 10:19, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author FZiegler for the post:
monsterjazzlicks
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars
monsterjazzlicks

Hi FZiegler,

Many thanks for your assistance.

To be honest, I just assumed that Cubase(9) would perform a much better job (of creating 'slices') than would the NSE for the simple reason that it is a fully-blown DAW!

I have heard good things about Audacity but personally I'm trying to limit the amount of apps I use.

Yes, I see about the 'normalize' within this analogue-synth scenario. I think it's best to leave everything as it is so as to honour the true characteristics of the (sampled) instrument (eg. 'keyboard tracking').

Cheers,

Paul
Last edited by monsterjazzlicks on 04 Nov 2023, 17:27, edited 1 time in total.
Nord Electro 6D (61) | Yamaha DXR 10 (pair) | Yamaha HS7 (pair) | Cubase 9 | Sibelius 8.6 | Windows 10
monsterjazzlicks

[FZiegler] "Do you mean to normalise all tones to the same loudness, so you'd need to amplify some sounds more than others?"

Yes, that is what I was originally planning to perform.