Round Robin, Sample Library 4.0, LFO Destination & LFO delay

Everything about the Nord Wave Synthesizer
Mr_-G-
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Re: Round Robin, Sample Library 4.0, LFO Destination & LFO d

Post by Mr_-G- »

maxpiano wrote: Thanks Fred, I guess/hope they mean "neighbor samples" rather than "neighbor notes", because if there are for example 2-3 samples per octave then for the notes that share the same sample this RR logic would be non effective/redundant and would result in a non-uniform behaviour across the keyboard.
Interesting concept, the sample dataset is augmented without taking extra space...
I suppose that those are the "special samples" that have many neighbour notes sampled as it would not make much sense, otherwise.
I guess that the sample density across the range of keys is higher in places where the effect becomes more noticeable or useful. Need/want to hear an example!
miglio77
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave 2

Post by miglio77 »

cookie wrote:For info, copy-pastingthe response I got from Nord on the RR features of new models : you'll read that it does not assign multiple sample to a single key.

"The round robin feature is only available on certain factory produced samples, and those utilize a technology of playing neighboring notes (transposed) in a round robin pattern - rather than assigning multiple samples per note. With NSE 4.14 it is possible to sample multiple strokes (we refer to those as “takes”) per key, but this is mostly a utility for when sampling acoustic instruments, and one may need a number of samples/takes to choose from when setting up the instrument.
It could be possible that features of this sort are made available in upcoming versions of the sample editor, but as of now they are not."

So keeping the same philosophy for the RR : no multiple samples per note, but a trick to use adjacent notes detuned on the fly to simulate the RR.
Therefore keeping NSMP small : mono-layered, mono-sample.

Fred
:clap:

Many thanks for this very useful explanation. I asked Nord too, but I got no answer, maybe I wrote to the wrong address.
These users thanked the author miglio77 for the post:
ThyagoAmaral
Nord Stage 4-88 Stage 3-88 Wave 2 Lead 4
Moog One 16, Voyager
Roland Jupiter X Fantom 6 JP8000
Korg M3 Triton Trinity V3 EX800
Yamaha SY99 SY77 SY85 TG500 DX7 mkI DX7-II fd
Behringer Pro800
Arturia Keylab 61 MK2
M Audio Oxygen 49
Casio CDP130
davisjj

Post by davisjj »

Waiting patiently. Sorta. :D
miglio77
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave 2

Post by miglio77 »

FZiegler wrote:However this works in detail, two things are important to me that I didn't know:
- only factory samples will work with this feature (probably with more than 2 samples per octave);
- you can import multiple takes in NSE, but you won't be able to create a sample with multiple sounds for one note.

That's really not what I was thinking. Thanks for clarifying!
It's a pity that the round robin feature is currently limited to factory samples and that we can't program round robin through the Nord Sample Editor for our custom sounds.

However, I hope that this will change in the future. Having the ability to program round robin for our own sounds would be a fantastic addition, especially for instruments like the Nord Stage 4 and Nord Wave 2. It's a feature that many of us would greatly appreciate, and it could significantly enhance the versatility of these instruments. Let's keep our fingers crossed for future updates and improvements from Nord :)
Last edited by miglio77 on 22 Oct 2023, 18:40, edited 1 time in total.
Nord Stage 4-88 Stage 3-88 Wave 2 Lead 4
Moog One 16, Voyager
Roland Jupiter X Fantom 6 JP8000
Korg M3 Triton Trinity V3 EX800
Yamaha SY99 SY77 SY85 TG500 DX7 mkI DX7-II fd
Behringer Pro800
Arturia Keylab 61 MK2
M Audio Oxygen 49
Casio CDP130