Yamaha DHR10 vs RCF ART910A

All topics involving amplification and other accessories you are using with your Nord, and how all those things work together.
Cernek
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Yamaha DHR10 vs RCF ART910A

Post by Cernek »

I’m looking for amplification for my Nord Stage 3 88 to be used in my rehearsal studio and on stage. I’d like it to be at least as good as my Barbetta Sona 31C, which makes everything on the Nord sound fantastic, albeit in mono. I’d like the sound dispersion of the amplifier to be as tight and directional as possible so that the performing musician hears himself the best without adding a lot of room noise. Eventually, adding a second amplifier for stereo could be interesting. I’d buy an another Barbetta, but they don’t make them anymore. I love the form factor and specs of the Roland KC – 400, but the overwhelming negative reviews in this forum of this type of amp put that at the end of the list. I’ve looked at QSC, electro voice, JBL, Mackie, Bose, among others, and I’m liking the Yamaha DHR10 and the RCF ART 910A. The ART 910A gets good reviews for DJ systems on YouTube, but there’s not much on the DHR10‘s. I’ve searched this forum for both and came up empty. Does anyone have any experience with these?
Craig
vojtech-h
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord C2D

Re: Yamaha DHR10 vs RCF ART910A

Post by vojtech-h »

Try taking the Aspen Pittman Spacestation V3 among the selected small stereo cabinets.

See... https://aspenpittmandesigns.com/spacestation-v-3

I enjoy it with the Nord Stage and C2D.

Vojtech
Last edited by vojtech-h on 10 Jun 2023, 23:38, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author vojtech-h for the post:
Cernek
Cernek

Post by Cernek »

vojtech-h wrote:Try taking the Aspen Pittman Spacestation V3 among the selected small stereo cabinets.
See... https://aspenpittmandesigns.com/spacestation-v-3
I enjoy it with the Nord Stage and C2D.
Thx Vojtech. I've read that it's a good amp with a wide dispersion. How do you like it with acoustic piano sounds?
Craig
JayDee
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Post by JayDee »

Hi Craig. I'd suggest you read the amplification FAQ right on this page. I don't think you'd go wrong with either the RCF or Yamaha. Perhaps Chuck will chime in. He has experience with a lot of the popular choices. You can do better than the Roland KC 400.
These users thanked the author JayDee for the post:
Cernek
Leslie_122
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 4

Post by Leslie_122 »

I have recently bought two RCF ART 912A speakers to replace my old RCF ART 312A mk2. The old speakers sounded alright but are no match to the new speakers. Especially the high piano notes are spot on without being harsh.The bass notes are also very good.
These users thanked the author Leslie_122 for the post:
Cernek
vojtech-h
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord C2D

Post by vojtech-h »

So I add my personal assessment of the CPS SSV.3: in my use in a small room, total satisfaction for AP, B3 and pipe organ.

Here on the forum you can see many other opinions, evaluations and tricks.
See e.g. post81827.html?hilit=SSV3#p81827

Vojtech
wweiss

Post by wweiss »

Two different sound signatures. RCF traditional PA sound very bright clean high end, some say fatiguing. Very similar to QSC House Sound. Yamaha has a more rolled off high end with very nice smooth mids. Comes down to personal preference. If you are going to use a subwoofer, I would go with RCF which would be more full range sounding. 7 year Yamaha warranty best in the business should be considered.
Last edited by wweiss on 15 Jun 2023, 01:01, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author wweiss for the post:
Cernek
Cernek

Post by Cernek »

I bough a pair of Yamaha DHR10s and they sound incredible!
Craig