Tall Fat and Wide/Organ Grinder pedal w/Nord Organ

All topics involving amplification and other accessories you are using with your Nord, and how all those things work together.
afroskully
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Tall Fat and Wide/Organ Grinder pedal w/Nord Organ

Post by afroskully »

Anyone use either of these pedals? Any feedback? I’m contemplating them both but not sure if the grinder pedal is necessary. Or maybe it rules? Tell me.
Hlaalu

Re: Tall Fat and Wide/Organ Grinder pedal w/Nord Organ

Post by Hlaalu »

There have been several threads about either pedal. Search for them and you'll find opinions. : )
Schorsch
Donator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Re: Tall Fat and Wide/Organ Grinder pedal w/Nord Organ

Post by Schorsch »

afroskully wrote:Anyone use either of these pedals? Any feedback? I’m contemplating them both but not sure if the grinder pedal is necessary. Or maybe it rules? Tell me.
It's a matter of taste using one or the other. I have both but like the Tall&Fat more, the Grinder is too aggressive for me but that might be different for you. I'm sending the organ sound from Out 3 of my Stage 3 into the T&F and from there into the Vent II, this adds a lot to the sound of the organ which is good for the kind of pop/rock music of my band.

I meanwhile like the BlackStar Dept.10 Dual Drive and Dept. 10 Boost more than the T&F since I joined a second band a couple of months ago which plays hard rock and blues, and for which I build a 2nd pedal board. The tube driven Dept.10 sound is much different, has more body and warmth than the Lounsberry pedals
These users thanked the author Schorsch for the post:
FZiegler
Regards Schorsch

Want to convert programs between NS2 and NS3?
Check this awesome website to visually view NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Gear: NS3C, NS3 88, KeyLargo, Vent II ..