Wish I had read the FAQs first....

All topics involving amplification and other accessories you are using with your Nord, and how all those things work together.
catosim
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Re: Wish I had read the FAQs first....

Post by catosim »

Warjacqui wrote:My question: I want either a very small PA, which I can use as a monitor system for stage use, use at home in a small space fo practice, and also use it as self amplification for smaller low volume gigs.
I'm very pleased with the QSC K8.2s They bring justice to the instrument, and are very compact.
I also have a pair of subs, to get more bottom. The reason I want this setup (instead of K10.2 og 12.2) is the flexibility to use it as a small PA.
I did however invest in a pair of CP8, and use them as monitors (with the subs) in my man-cave.
The reason is that over time, I found the fan-noise a bit annoying (not when they were running, but when they stopped running.... :-) )
When I use my set-up as a PA, I'm in need of a pair of good monitors as well, and that's my "defense-aargument" of having them both.
If not, I would have settled just nicely with the fans. All in all I'm very happy with this solution.
Gear: Nord Stage 4, Nord Stage 3, Nord Lead A1, Ensoniq TS12, Roland D50, Roland D05, Roland JD08, Hammond A100, Hammond M100, Yamaha GT2, Yamaha Motif 6, Virus B