FINALLY A NE6D owner!

Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.
RemedyMusic
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 6

Re: FINALLY A NE6D owner!

Post by RemedyMusic »

audios wrote:I have the Electro 6D as well, and I really enjoy playing piano patches on it. I’ve owned several synth action / semi-weighted keybeds, but this is the best I’ve used for being able to play piano expressively. It really feels like the perfect balance to give you fun fast playing for organ/ePiano, but enough resistance and responsiveness to play dynamic piano pieces.
I expect the touch to be an upgrade from my Yamaha Moxf 6. I can play expressively with it, but I think that added resistance with the NE6d will be right for me. Not fatiguing for long nights, and expressive at the same time. ;)
audios

Post by audios »

RemedyMusic wrote: I expect the touch to be an upgrade from my Yamaha Moxf 6. I can play expressively with it, but I think that added resistance with the NE6d will be right for me. Not fatiguing for long nights, and expressive at the same time. ;)
My previous keyboard was a Montage 6, and I’m happier with the Fatar keybed in the Electro. I think you’ll enjoy it as well.
These users thanked the author audios for the post:
RemedyMusic
RemedyMusic

Post by RemedyMusic »

Guys, here it is!! I've picked it up!!! Ok, i tried playing some piano. Initial impressions are, pianos are a bit bright. But i think it is because of the speaker that the store connected it too. I love the keybed. Definitely an upgrade from my Yamaha moxf. Well, this are just first listen. And some folks here said that Nord really expects us to tweak our sound to our own preference and not just out of the box. I will start studying the system when i get home!! Thank you for all the comments on this post.
IMG20230829150440.jpg
IMG20230829150440.jpg (3.71 MiB) Viewed 790 times
These users thanked the author RemedyMusic for the post:
Schorsch
Schorsch
Donator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Post by Schorsch »

Have fun !! :thumbup:
These users thanked the author Schorsch for the post:
RemedyMusic
Regards Schorsch

Want to convert programs between NS2 and NS3?
Check this awesome website to visually view NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

Gear: NS3C, NS3 88, KeyLargo, Vent II ..
RemedyMusic

Post by RemedyMusic »

Schorsch wrote:Have fun !! :thumbup:
Ok, when i got home, after a gig, I'm totally beat. As excite as i am, i didn't have the energy to sit down and tinker with NE6d.

Fast forward to the next day, which is today, I being blown away by the sounds and as much as all the knobs, buttons, dials seemed complicated, now is making sense, step by step. I'm scratching the surface here but I can foresee how I can make this constructive for my cover band (my main gigs and livelihood). With my Presonus studio monitors, everything sounded great, except to some sounds that is not my preference like those pianos Bambino, honky tonk. I just don't use them no matter what brand I use.

So far this is quite exhilarating! Thanks for all responses and support here!
Schorsch
Donator

Post by Schorsch »

RemedyMusic wrote: Fast forward to the next day, which is today, I being blown away by the sounds and as much as all the knobs, buttons, dials seemed complicated, now is making sense, step by step. I'm scratching the surface here but I can foresee how I can make this constructive for my cover band (my main gigs and livelihood)
Yeah, the panel of the Nords can be a bit confusing at first since there are so many knos and dials due to the concepot of having all controls directly accessible. Once you understood the logic and the different parts of the instrument you will find it very easy to operate it

Sounds which you don't like can be removed from your Electro with Nord Sound Manager, and be replaced by others if needed - you are totally flexible in deciding which sounds you want to use on your Nord.

When I got my Nords I first checked the preloaded content but then wiped out everything and started from scratch, loading just those sounds that I wanted to use and creating the programs to my needs
Last edited by Schorsch on 30 Aug 2023, 10:09, edited 2 times in total.
RemedyMusic
Regards Schorsch

Check this awesome website to visually view NS2/3 programs and re-create them on the other instrument!

RemedyMusic

Post by RemedyMusic »

Schorsch wrote: When I got my Nords I first checked the preloaded content but then wiped out everything and started from scratch, loading just those sounds that I wanted to use and creating the programs to my needs
I've been thinking about this move a lot. But there are some pre-programmed presets that seem usable to me. May I ask, how did you wipe everything? And by everything you mean not just piano samples? even the sample library? and Programs?

TIA!
Schorsch
Donator

Post by Schorsch »

RemedyMusic wrote: May I ask, how did you wipe everything? And by everything you mean not just piano samples? even the sample library? and Programs?

That's very easy - I just connected my Nords to my computer, started Nord Sound Manager and then deleted all samples from both the piano section and the synth sample section, and also deleted all programs. That left me with an empty instrument on which I then loaded these pianos and synth samples I needed
Last edited by Schorsch on 30 Aug 2023, 22:18, edited 1 time in total.
RemedyMusic
Regards Schorsch

RemedyMusic

Post by RemedyMusic »

I just might do this. On the piano and sample library. ;) Thanks for sharing what you did. I think it will do me good. ;)