Nord drum 3p pad issues, faulty service and WE NEED A 4P!

Everything about the new Nord Drum and the Nord Beat 2 App.
Naughty Nord 4P
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Drum 3P

Nord drum 3p pad issues, faulty service and WE NEED A 4P!

Post by Naughty Nord 4P »

For the most part this whole forum for nord drums is dead but I'll make a post anyways.

A few days ago I've had my Nord drum 3p pad crap put on me for a 3RD TIME. Yes 3 times. I'll be sending it to clavia for service soon and I have read a few posts tht have the same issues. One pad craps out or triggers other pads. This is faulty by design I think. If you open the unit, you can see just how short the wires are from the first pads up to the circuit board. To me this is an issue because the floating pads tug and pull on these wires and eventually shorting the connection.

It's annoying as hell to have constant issues with this thing. When I have the bass drum pedal plugged in it triggers crazy notes when recording. I've turned the sensitivity to one and messed with the threshold to no avail....I've opted to go without the bass pad pedal entirely.

I wish they would have added a hi hat trigger and a SEPARATE bass drum channel!

I wish they would have released the nord drum 3 unit with 6 inputs for pads instead of the built in ones as well. I have seen some mods with this and reached out to a guy whom did this and claims Nord has left components inside to connect jacks for each pad on the circuit board. IF my pads go out again after the 3rd time servicing the unit, I will commission a local metalworker and electrical synth repair man to install 1/3 jacks for each pad and have a custom metal backing to complete the unit. I'll use nice pads to replace the built in ones. Plus the Nord pads are noisy as all hell and too clicky and loud.

I have come to the conclusion this unit will be with me forever because there is no other drum synth on the market like this and I don't see anyone having balls to make one anytime soon. And for me the ability to drum out synth stuff is invaluable, so I'm willing to modify this thing for my use only. To hell with it.

IMHO Nord has really dropped the ball here. I would LOVE for a unit to have the ability for external pads, hi hat and bass triggers, and ALL KNOB PER FUNCTION!!! I could live with a unit that is double thick as the current one, I don't care, as long as it has these things this unit would be the beast of synths on the market, no aceptions. Hell if they did that you can still use MIDI keyboard with it and it's a full fledged key synth, drum synth and all around monster.

Nord drum 4p or anything after this IS NOT COMING. It's been 7 years or so and counting since the 3P release?...I'm not holding my breath for anything more.

Anyone else have issues with their unit or did similar modifications to their units? Any tips and success stories??

Thanks!
Last edited by Naughty Nord 4P on 15 Aug 2023, 11:16, edited 1 time in total.
Oggi2
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Drum 3P

Re: Nord drum 3p pad issues, faulty service and WE NEED A 4P

Post by Oggi2 »

More likely to see a Nord WaveStage 10 or whatever before another Nord Drum ever comes out.