Electro 6 "Montuno" patch?

Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.
VivSavage

Electro 6 "Montuno" patch?

Post by VivSavage »

I have a NS3 but was playing a session on an Electro6 recently and really liked the Montuno factory patch. It's the closest sound to the Latin piano sound I hear in authentic recordings and I've been unable to nail it with the NS3. On vintage records it would be hard to imagine anything other than something like a 57 stuck in an old upright, but there's a sense of an added octave on top. Can anyone post the basic parameters of this Electro patch (which piano samples, how layered, etc.) ? Would love to try to recreate this on the Stage. Thanks!
JeffLearman
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2

Re: Electro 6 "Montuno" patch?

Post by JeffLearman »

That's built from the Royal Grand 3D in the piano section layered with Acoustic Piano 3 in the samples section. In addition, a 58 ms delay (with mix=3.5) is added to the sample section, and it's shifted one octave up. (So, your sense is dead on.)

I deleted some original pianos and moved things around, so it might be a different piano for the piano section in the factory patch.
VivSavage

Re: Electro 6 "Montuno" patch?

Post by VivSavage »

Thanks for this. When I posted I was unaware the Electro doesn't have any dedicated editor app or simple way of viewing all patch data. This is a great start!