Organ settings for Surf/Rock

Present yourself, your keyboard rig and your music, including links to your myspace, band websites, competitions etc.
ROELM
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Organ settings for Surf/Rock

Post by ROELM »

I'm looking for the best setting/sound to use for Surf music.
:)
Elias

Re: Organ settings for Surf/Rock

Post by Elias »

Really any type of electric organ will be useful depending on the context. I'd say it's impossible to answer this question aby more specifically as it is. One song might call for mellow pads, while another might need a screechy solo. With or without overdrive, with or without a rotaty speaker.

Me personally I would pick a B3 + leslie combination for almost any situation. Overdrive to taste, and shape the drawbars as needed.

Is there a specific song that needs a tailored organ?
These users thanked the author Elias for the post:
ROELM
User-created Stage 2/3 file viewer: https://ns3-program-viewer.cyclic.app
Art is a great excuse to meet another human.
ajstan
Donator
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Post by ajstan »

The Vox and Farfisa models deliver the transistor/combo organ sound found on "96 Tears", "House of the Rising Sun", and the Riviera's "California Sun". Is that what you are looking for? Your profile says that you have a Stage 3. There are sample programs in the factory sound bank using those two models for you to try.
NS3-88, NS3C, Casio CT-S1, Radial Key Largo, Westone AM Pro 30 IEMs, Rolls PM55P Headphone Mixer, K&M 18880 Keyboard Stand with 18881 Second Tier, Bose S1 Pro, JBL 305p MKII Monitors, Zoom Q2n-4K Gig Camera, Behringer XR18 Mixer
ROELM

Post by ROELM »

That's my band and 1 of the songs we play. Thats 'The Godfather theme. Something that's good for that kind of music.
Last edited by ROELM on 23 Jun 2023, 19:39, edited 1 time in total.