Lead 2X Audio Issues / Sound cuts out

Nord's classical Virtual Analog Synth Nord LEAD 1/2/2x/3/4/A1 and Nord Rack versions
deanjulianvision
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 1/2/2x

Lead 2X Audio Issues / Sound cuts out

Post by deanjulianvision »

Seeking support as I am have audio issues with my Nord Lead 2X, when I select a program on manual mode the sound cuts out after 1 second and you can slightly hear it. I have tried multiple amps and leads with the same result, this also occurs for selected programs in Pref. Mode. Any help would be much apricated and I can send video evidence of these issues.
wartaler
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage Classic
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Drum 2

Re: Lead 2X Audio Issues / Sound cuts out

Post by wartaler »

Hi deanjulianvision, welcome to the forum,

Not sure if I fully understand when you encounter this. Each time you switch to another program, or when you engage manual mode? Could it be that a knob is set in such a way that it results in low output when you switch to manual mode?

Are you able to get normal output levels at all?

from the manual:

USING MANUAL MODE
The Performance/Manual button.
If you want to use the front panel to make up a sound from scratch, hold down SHIFT and press the Man- ual (PERF. MODE) button. This leaves you with exactly the sound that the knobs and buttons on the panel currently indicate (just as if the Nord Lead 2X was a non-programmable instrument). In Manual mode, the instrument can play only one sound - layering is not possible.

CUSTOMIZING MANUAL MODE
When you enter Manual mode, the button functions (waveform select, modulation destinations etc.) will be set to some default values, for a basic sound. However, if you would like Manual mode to be different the next time you turn on power, proceed as follows:
1. Enter Manual mode by holding down SHIFT and pressing the Manual (PERF. MODE) button. 2. Setallbuttonfunctionsasyouwantthem.
3. Press STORE twice.

Cheers,
Albert
Last edited by wartaler on 03 Jun 2023, 21:39, edited 2 times in total.
Nord Drum 2, Drum (1), Lead 4, Lead 2x, Stage 'Classic', Micro Modular
deanjulianvision
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 1/2/2x

Re: Lead 2X Audio Issues / Sound cuts out

Post by deanjulianvision »

Hi Wartaler,

It happens when I engage and switch / Manual Mode,

Could it be that a knob is set in such a way that it results in low output when you switch to manual mode? I dont think so as It started with afew programs and has multiple to most of Manual Mode, this all started with low output from Pref. Mode

Are you able to get normal output levels at all? Yes Most of Pref. Mode and only some of Manual Mode

Thanks for the info.

Regards

Dean