Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

electro 4D: PROGRAM CHANGE android

Postby santirenato » 29 May 2023, 11:53

I ask the more experienced if it is possible to send program change commands with an android device, thanks.
santirenato

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 4

electro 4D: PROGRAM CHANGE android

Sponsor

Re: electro 4D: PROGRAM CHANGE android

Postby maxpiano » 29 May 2023, 14:02

MIDI Commander does it, check also this related discussion on an Italian forum LINK
Last edited by maxpiano on 29 May 2023, 14:06, edited 2 times in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby Graspieper » 29 May 2023, 18:57

Bandhelper, love it for many years already
Graspieper
Patch Creator

Postby Berretje » 29 May 2023, 22:39

Graspieper wrote:Bandhelper, love it for many years already

+1
Gr Bart

Coverband Blush
Nord User Sounds - Program/Sample Collection

>> Check this awesome website to visually view the settings of your NS2/NS3 programs!

Current gear
Nord Stage 2 HA88
Yamaha Tyros 5
Connected with a MioXM and powered by Bandhelper
Berretje

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby santirenato » 30 May 2023, 15:34

maxpiano wrote:MIDI Commander does it, check also this related discussion on an Italian forum LINK

I tried this application with the otg cable but it doesn't connect. I don't know if it's the Electro 4D's fault and requires specific drivers or the smartphone. Did you get positive feedback?
santirenato

Postby maxpiano » 31 May 2023, 08:41

santirenato wrote:
maxpiano wrote:MIDI Commander does it, check also this related discussion on an Italian forum LINK

I tried this application with the otg cable but it doesn't connect. I don't know if it's the Electro 4D's fault and requires specific drivers or the smartphone. Did you get positive feedback?

Drivers for Android? They do not exist for any keyboard or brand, did you read all the post I linked for you? You should read it all, it includes people feedback of people successfully using it and other info, if you need more maybe yo should ask in Italian on that thread (or open a new one in that same forum)

Anyway, before that: the App has a page https://www.bordero.it/Apps/MidiCommander/index.html and compatibility list https://www.bordero.it/Apps/MidiCommand ... ility.html so you should first check if your device is in there (btw the developer is Italian so you may contact him), then I remember some people had to modify some Android settings like enabling Developer/Debug mode on some smartphones (I use iOS devices so can't tell you more than this, but there is somethign about that on teh App site).

NOote: the App page also reports some problems with some Clavia keyboards in "executing commands" (not receiving) but little details on that (again, I would contact the developer and ask)

PS: on the app page on Google play I read
(EXPERIMENTAL) You can now use Android native MIDI drivers (from Android 6 on). Activate it from Global Settings.
so if you have Android 6 or later you can try that too.
Last edited by maxpiano on 31 May 2023, 08:52, edited 5 times in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Postby santirenato » 19 Jul 2023, 17:16

Ti ringrazio per il tempo che mia hai dedicato ma non sono giunto a nessun risultato con Midi Commander. Sono riuscito a rilevare la tastiera ma poi si blocca e basta. Crado che tornerò al vecchio PC con Cubase e lanciare o program change da lì. Scritto a Borderò ma non ho ricevuto nessuna risposta. Un bel sogno svanito, peccato.

Thank you for the time you have dedicated to me but I have not reached any results with Midi Commander. I managed to detect the keyboard but then it just freezes. I guess I'll go back to the old PC with Cubase and launch or program change from there. Wrote to Borderò but received no reply. A beautiful dream vanished, too bad.
Last edited by Berretje on 22 Jul 2023, 01:42, edited 1 time in total.
santirenato

Postby FZiegler » 19 Jul 2023, 19:23

Maxpiano's recommendation to write in Italian probably refers to the forum https://www.supportimusicali.it/forum/v ... 68162/169/. This very forum is 'English speaking only'.

As much as I heard, Android devices only partially allow to send MIDI commands. I haven't tested the different ways (WiFi, BT, USB) yet. There are other apps like Bandhelper - MobilesheetsPro for example - which can send program changes, but of course dependent on the capabilities of the device.
Stage 3 Compact (Rev.B 2.1 - OS 2.60) - Kawai VPC1 / Yamaha CP33 - Hall of Fame & NeoVent2 - Behringer Flow-8 - K&M stands 18820+18811 / 18953+18952 - Samsung tablet with MobileSheetsPro & AirTurn Duo200 - QSC K8.2s / Fischer InEars
FZiegler
Donator

Return to Nord Electro Forum